Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,202   Posts: 1,531,559   Online: 1120

Shooter
    35mm

FS: The last four XA flash units...

Wait a minute...do I mean the very last of the XA flash units anywhere in the world? Um, yes...didn't you see 60 minutes last week? They all vanished except for these 4 that any child can plainly see were hermetically sealed in a #2 mayonnaise jar on Funk & Wagnall's porch since noon today. And right here on APUG with nothing up my sleeves and my hands firmly connected to my arms, I'm going to let you have them for peanuts.

They aren't pretty, but they are functional. 4 XA type flashes (will work on any of the XA variants) for $10 plus actual shipping cost.

PayPal ok for international buyers, cash/check/money order for domestic buyers, please.

If questions, please ask.
    Jon

Shooter
    35mm
    Are they A11, A16 or something else? Thanks.

Shooter
    35mm
    Rats...should have mentioned that. They're all A11. Sorry to have overlooked it.
    Jon

Shooter
    35mm
    Pictures if you are interested. $8 plus actual cost of shipping for all 4 and they're yours.
    Jon
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Flashes 3.jpg   Flashes 2.jpg   Flashes 1.jpg   Flashes 4.jpg   Flashes 5.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    PM sent!

Shooter
    35mm
    These flashes are still available and they would be nice additions to your holiday decor. Let's just explore one possibility: First, be usre the premium on your homeowner's insurance policy has been paid. Then, take these 4 flashes and an A/C to D/C adapter...1.5 volt would be ideal or whatever is handy will probably be ok. Wire them so that they're constantly fed current and then modify them so that they flash whenever the capacitor is fully charged (an easy thing to do, actually). Caution: capacitor flash units can produce high voltages so if you're not entirely comfortable with your electronic abilities, it probably would be a good idea to have your neighbor's children test them for you. You can watch from a safe distance wearing protective clothing. Make sure the premium on your homeowner's insurance has been paid. Once you have them working, you can let your mind run free: mount them in your Christmas tree so they constantly produce a strobe effect (trust me, they'll all be discharging at slightly different times), mount them at 4 corners of your front door (to keep Architectural Digest or House Beautiful from bothering you during this hectic season), place them in the front yard to give an entirely new twist to your Nativity Scene or that tasteful Santa and reindeer display you made out of plywood about 20 years ago, place them like runway lights along the sidewalk leading to your front door, place them in random sacks in a luminaria (or farolito string)...so many opportunities for holiday fun. Make a holiday statement today!
    Jon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    PM sent just now!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin