Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,930   Posts: 1,556,870   Online: 865

Shooter
    Multi Format

FS: 105mm f/3.7 Ektar in Supermatic

This was an impulse purchase some time ago, and I'm never going to use it. It's really for the 6x9 format, and I use a 100mm WF Ektar on my 4x5 when I want something this wide.

The single-coated glass is decent, though there are some minor cleaning marks and a couple of very fine scratches on the front element. The shutter works on all speeds and the progression sounds correct; I have no idea as to their accuracy. You can see some kind of discoloration or mild corrosion on the blades which doesn't seem to affect anything. The retaining ring and very nice brushed aluminum rear cap are included, but no front cap. No dents or dings. The shutter still has the annoying anti-rotation screw, you'll probably want to remove that before mounting this on a lensboard. This fits a Copal 0 hole.

FINE PRINT: This is not the original shutter, but came from a 127mm or 135mm f/4.7 lens. I have a jpeg of the correct shutter face that I never got around to transferring.

$70 plus shipping, which is what I've got into it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 105_Ektar_1.jpg   105_Ektar_2.jpg   105_Ektar_3.jpg   105_Ektar_4.jpg   105_Ektar_5.jpg  

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Hello,
    Could you tell me the outside diameter of the shutter as well as the outside diameter of the rear cell. Want to see if it will fit in old box type camera in need of a lens.
    Thanks

Shooter
    Multi Format
    According to the 1953 Kodak Ektar lens catalog on cameraeccentric.com the threaded portion of the mount is 1.375", or just under 35mm. I've mounted it on a Technika-style Copal-0 board for checking coverage. I don't know of an online source for shutter dimensions so will make some measurements after work.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Thanks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The body of the shutter is 2-1/2" across. At its widest point, where the flash sync posts stick out, it's about 3".

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Thanks. Will get back to you if it seems like it will fit.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Somebody should mention that this is one of the finest lenses ever made in this focal length, so I will.

--nosmok

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Sorry it will not fit the camera I want to put it in. Thanks and good luck.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    No love for this Heliar design? $65 plus shipping.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin