Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 73,637   Posts: 1,623,164   Online: 905

Shooter
    35mm

FS: The last of my Canonet GIII stuff

"Just hear those sleigh bells jingling ring-ting-tingling too." You wonder how much eggnog somebody had to drink before lyrics like those seemed sensible, don't you? Or how about "gliddy glub gloopy, nibby nabby noopy, la la la lo lo?" You'd think the brain would shut down long before it allowed the hand to write words like that on paper, wouldn't you?

Well...what does th4at have to do with the last of my Canonet (GIII) stuff? Possibly more than you might think. What I have is 2 genuine Canonet lens caps, 5 or 6 camera straps, 2 working Canolite D flash units in their cases, 2 used film doors marked "Japan" and a few assorted Canonet parts. If you are a Canonet user, I think the 2 flash units and lens caps would be worth the price.

But let's say you aren't a Canonet user. Let's say you're just wondering "Hmmm, I need to spend some money today. What could I do with this Canonet stuff?" Glad you asked. Let's consider the possibilities. Maybe you need eye shades to help you sleep. Tape the two lens caps over your eyes and viola...complete darkness. Aarrgh, you say your lifelong dream is to be a pirate? Just use one lens cap and run around the house saying "swab me poop deck, matey." Ear protectors? I think you could use them for those also. Just keep the tape out of your hair.

Maybe you need a fail-proof way to wake up. Take those two Canolite flashes and remove the flash tubes. You'll find two wires that are connected to a capacitor circuit and if you'll attach those wires to a very tender part of your body, you'll be fully awake the instant somebody sets off that flash unit. Disclaimer: if you have a bad heart, don't do this. If you do it anyway and it kills or maims you, don't say I didn't warn you and come sue me. Doing this (even for fun or following a late-night holiday party where you've been overserved tremendously) could make you dead or at least leave you as addlepated as Ben Affleck seems to be. If doing this causes you to wet the bed, don't blame me but please try to do it again while a video camera is running and post it on YouTube.

And how about those straps? Well, a few things come quickly to mind, but no matter how fun that conversation might seem, let's just say they'll provide cheap holiday security. Tie them about shin level between pieces of furniture in your house. If a burglar gets in, he'll trip and knock out several teeth in the process causing him to want to leave quickly. Hint: be careful not to tie these on furniture which lies between your bed and the bathroom. But if you do, please try to video this and post it on YouTube. $10 plus the actual cost of postage.

If questions please ask.

Jon
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Canonet stuff.JPG  

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    pmed

Shooter
    35mm
    And quick as a prom dress in May they're off. Gone. Hasta la vista, baby.
    Jon

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin