Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,200   Posts: 1,531,525   Online: 1041

Shooter
    35mm

FS: Filters for the holidays

Nothing quite says happy holidays like some camera filters. But use of filters is largely a lost art. Having begun my love affair with cameras in 1958, I can tell you the proper use of filters was one of the first things we learned. So today, I'm going to offer these filters for sale (cheap I might add), and as a free service to alert APUG readers, I'll offer a brief course on how to get the most out of your filters and impress others during this holiday season.

46mm filters:
    Hoya Skylight 1A
    Kenko 1A
    Vivitar 4X ND-6
    Hoya UV (0)
    EdnaLite MF-663 (Haze) chrome coated

and one 43.5mm:
    Vivitar UV-Haze

All are in good condition, no boxes, but I might be able to find some small plastic boxes if you buy more than one.
    $2 each plus actual cost of shipping. PayPal ok for international buyers, check/cash/money order for domestic buyers please.

Now I promised some helpful tips on the use of filters so let's get started. Looking at the images below, let's begin with the proper way to mount your filters (see image 1). Grasp the filter with your left hand and force it between your cheek bone and upper eyelid. You'll see this produces a nice monocle effect in (image 2) and with just a twist of the head you'll see how to achieve the jaunty but somewhat condescending look. You're interested in multiple filters? Ah, well some chicken fence wire, a paper clip or other round metal wire could be epoxied between two filters to create the always-scholarly look of horn-rimmed glasses. Or you could just tape them to your forehead. Be sure to show up late if you choose the tape option. At many holiday parties, they'll never know the difference after the first hour anyway. And just look how intelligent they instantly make our model look! Not to mention complimenting his sweatshirt. Ah but then there's that 4X ND-6 filter you say. What oh what to do with it? I suggest the Stevie Wonder monocle look. If anyone asks what happened to your eye, just tell them it was injured while you working as an espionage agent during the Kennedy Administration. A little mystery like that puts a special aura around you. And most of all, remember your filters are versatile enough to work for either eye. Bi-optical filters! Just look at our model in image 6.

I also have a new in the box Cokin 46mm diffuser filter ($8 plus shipping) and a new in the box Cokin 46mm UV1 filter (also $8 plus shipping), an Ednalite Polarizer (which was designed for rangefinder use, but which I would not suggest purchasing as the polarizing material has deteriorated) and a few other filters I'll offer later.
    Jon
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Filter 1.jpg   Filter 2.jpg   Filter 3.jpg   Filter 4.jpg   Filter 5.jpg  

Filter 6.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

FS: Filters for the holidays

With the 4X ND filter I'd say you don't resemble Stevie Wonder as much as Petey, the dog from The Little Rascals.

Shooter
    Large Format
    I might be able to pull off #4, no way I could do it with 5&6.

Shooter
    35mm
    For Petey the Dog, I have to sell you a 67mm filter, Terry. That'll be another $3 plus postage. Sorry this is out of focus.
    Jon
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Petey.jpg  

Shooter
    35mm
    Jon, if you were to go into writing TV ads, you might even get me to watch TV again (for the ads).

//why is it that other countries' ads seem so much better?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi Jon,

I would like the two 46mm Hoya filters please. (skylight & UV) PM sent !

Charles

Shooter
    35mm
    Done and done, Charles. Thanks and I hope you wear them well!

Jon

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks Peter, I suspect my sense of humor might not appeal to the masses. I did appear in a TV commercial once, though...1967/68. Kind of fun, but I never got used to seeing myself pop up randomly on TV.
    Jon

Shooter
    35mm
    The 43.5mm filter is not for sale at this point. I just discovered this is the filter size for the Olympus 35RC. I knew I had that filter around here for a reason! Hard to find filter.
    Jon

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin