Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,528   Posts: 1,572,418   Online: 1156

Shooter
    35mm

FS: Russian Bonanza

Yes indeed my friends a Russian Bonanza with Nikita Khrushchev playing the part of Hoss Cartwright, Yuri Garagin playing Adam and...oh, wait a minute. Not that sort of Bonanza. Well ok then, this bonanza consists of a box of sparkling Russian cameras. And it can be yours today.

Many years ago I purchased part of the inventory of a failed Russian camera store. We're not going to discuss that adventure today, but you're going to get the chance to purchase what is left.

We have here:
    1. A Fed 3 in a leather Fed 4 case. The camera (body only, no lens) is in good to very good shape and the shutter and rangefinder work. The shutter doesn't match the speeds as shown on the shutter selector, so some service is needed. Or you could use the camera as is. Put on a lens of your choice, change the speeds frequently and take lots of pictures. Think of this as Russian Roulette with film instead of bullets.

2. A Fed 4 with shutter problems. It is disassembled but all the pieces are there and in little envelopes. Think of it as an adult jigsaw puzzle, maybe.

3. A Zenit 3M body and case. The camera suffered broken shutter tapes and can be repaired. It is engraved on the top in Cyrillic...something about my darling and love forever. My darling's significant other economized and bought the 3M which used the Industar lens, however so the larger Helios lens will not fit in this case. At least not happily and not without force. If you curse at it, please curse in Russian or the camera and case may not understand you.

4. A Zenit EM in black. Olympic model with the Olympic emblem tastefully printed in white on the front of the prism. Totally complete and in nice condition with center dot focusing screen, good prism, working meter...but with bad shutter tapes. This camera is originally black and not one which was painted by an "artisan" with a can of spray paint. Also has the cold shoe (missing the little screw which acts as a stop for the flash unit).

5. A Zenit 3M body. Nice condition. Maybe 12 years ago (on a dare) I repaired the shutter and converted this to "instant return mirror" using parts from an E or B parts camera. The leatherette on this one is tight and not lifting as many Russian cameras did. One note: A prior owner scratched his name on the bottom plate (I wonder what made the 3M owners so prone to doing this?) but then he removed his name. Doesn't look too bad actually. The instant return mirror still works, by the way. The shutter is still working but needs adjustment. Cocking action is smooth.

6. A Zenit B with a working shutter. Has bad leatherette, is missing the self-timer knob (which should be found in 7 below) and needs the shutter adjusted or at least the mechanism needs to be cleaned with naphtha.

7. A small box and a couple of plastic sacks of other Zenit/Zorki/Fed parts, screws, etc.

So for a mere $10 plus the cost of shipping you can have a Russian Camera Bonanza with 6 cameras and parts! I would suggest this be a domestic purchase and shipped in a large USPS Priority Flat Rate box ($15 as I recall). Cash/check/money order please.

Jon

Shooter
    35mm
    The Bonanza has been sold & shipped up north.
    Thanks,
    Jon

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin