Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,294   Posts: 1,535,566   Online: 1108

Shooter
    Multi Format

FS: 120mm f/6.8 Schneider Angulon

120mm f/6.8 Schneider Angulon
    in Synchro Compur shutter
    with Schneider caps and flange.
    $150 or best reasonable offer

This is a fairly nice specimen of Schneider lensmaking of the late 1950s, probably 1957. The shutter is clean and works pretty well at all speeds; 1 and 1/2 second speeds exhibit an ever so slight hesitation; the rest of the speeds sound fine. It'll need a clean and lube eventually, as all shutters do; it's just a question of when. Blades are clean and free of oil.

Aperture from 6.8 to 32.

The glass: The rear element looks really nice; I can't find any flaws. The front element has evidence of fungus. I can't disassemble the thing enough to get to it, so I've left it alone. There is one roundish spot of approximately 1/2mm, about a third of the way towards the edge from the center, that doesn't look like fungus, but won't clean off either. Towards the edge -- almost right at the edge -- is a definite round fungus bloom of almost 1mm width. There is wispy fungus grouped in spots around less than 1/2 total of the circumference that barely intrudes into the glass from the edge.

I don't think any of these defects lessen the picture taking prowess of the lens, but fungus ain't good either. Thus the fairly low price. It's an economical way to get into wide-field on 5x7, which this lens just covers (Schneider specs say image circle of 211, but that's probably a touch conservative).

Overall, cosmetically, the lens seems pretty "low-mileage", so, despite the fungus, I think you'll be pleased.

I've never used this lens, but it was employed at a photo portrait studio for many years, so I suspect the picture quality from it will be good.

Please note: I ship as soon as PayPal payments clear to my bank account, which can take 3-4 business days. I'll email you as soon as I've shipped, with any available tracking information.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 120-Angulon-1.jpg   120-Angulon-2.jpg  

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin