Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,529   Posts: 1,572,430   Online: 1149

Shooter
    Multi Format

FS: 180mm f/4.5 Schneider Xenar in Compur

180mm f/4.5 Schneider Xenar in Compur
    with front Schneider cap, aftermarket rear cap and flange
    $130 or best reasonable offer

This is a really beautiful specimen which came along with the Angulon above, dating probably from 1958. I wouldn't be surprised if this lens and the Angulon were bought together.

The shutter is clean and works well at all speeds. Nice round aperture stops down to f/32 (marked) or probably f/45 unmarked.

The coating is consistent on both elements -- the glass of the front element looks almost new. The rear element has what appear to be a number of very short, very fine scratches. These are even finer than cleaning marks to my eye, and they're all very short and straight -- at first I though they were dust or lens tissue lint. I feel pretty certain they won't affect optical performance, but in the interest of full disclosure I have to mention them.

Schneider specs say this lens will cover an image circle of 217mm, so you'll get plenty of movements on a 4x5, but not much on 5x7.

Please note: I ship as soon as PayPal payments clear to my bank account, which can take 3-4 business days. I'll email you as soon as I've shipped, with any available tracking information.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 180-Xenar-1.jpg   180-Xenar-2.jpg   180-Xenar-3.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    SOLD

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin