Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,683   Posts: 1,548,543   Online: 983

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

FS: B&J 4x5 camera et al

As some here know I buy and sell for two purposes. (1) to pay my grad tuition (2) to keep my hobby out of the home budget and keep it free.
    (At this point I'm shooting just a C330 with two lenses. If anyone has a WL finder for it, I could use one. The prism weighs about as much as my old 4x5.)
    The remainder comes and goes. (But boy to I miss that 8x10 and contacts!)

This camera out fit is a starter/project unit. It will need TLC.
    #1 The Burke & James camera is a little rough. I've not checked out the bellows, but a little gaffers tape solves many a problem.
    It has the extension bed, 2 lens boards, and a decent gridded ground glass. $125 shipped (US).

#2 Astragon barrel lens. It has a Packard behind it. And as you can see, the Packard is Synchronized. And it comes with the original box for the Packard.
    Priced mostly for the shutter. Lens is foggy and needs serious cleaning. Lens board included. $65 shipped (US).

#3 Zeiss Jena Tessar 13.5cm 4.5 in a Zeiss Ikon shutter. Also foggy, but the shutter seems to work well.
    Lens board included. $50 shipped (US)

#4 Four modern film holders. Two with the nicer plastic dark slides and two with the metal tabs. But all are clean plastic units and in great shape.
    $50 shipped (US).

PayPal OK.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails bj1.jpg   bj2.jpg   bj3.jpg   astragon.jpg   zeiss.jpg  

fh.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    There is a guy on LFPF looking for a starter 4x5 setup for around this price. You should try him there!

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

FS: B&J 4x5 camera et al

Quote Originally Posted by wallrat View Post
    There is a guy on LFPF looking for a starter 4x5 setup for around this price. You should try him there!
    I think you mean me, but I'm not looking for a "project" camera, I want it to work fully with no issues, because 1 I'm starting LF photography and don't want to begin with problems added to my learning phase, and 2 I just don't have the time to fix stuff.

If you happen to come upon a good one that isn't a project and is whole and complete please think of me

~Stone

The Noteworthy Ones - Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1 / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I feel exactly the same about fixing stuff.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It's a good price. If I wasn't saving for a 5x7 outfit of some sort, I'd pick it up. I like projects.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    *** The handle on the 4x5 has been fixed. The parts had gotten misplaced. It is now correct, with original parts.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin