Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 76,363   Posts: 1,682,880   Online: 843

Shooter
    Multi Format

FS: 12 in. f/6.3 Kodak Commercial Ektar

SOLD

12 in. f/6.3 Kodak Commercial Ektar
    in #4 Acme Synchro Shutter
    with flange
    $285 or best reasonable offer

These have a reputation as being super-sharp; this specimen should be no exception. It's coated, scratch-free and the shutter works perfectly.

Ansel Adams used this model and a 14" as well to great effect in the 1940s; I've seen prints he made from those negatives (as many of you probably have too) and I don't think he ever got sharper, contrastier results. As sharp sometimes, but nothing sharper.

Stops from f/6.3 to f/45, no oil on blades.

The only flaw is a dent in the front element barrel, so it's slightly out of round at the front, at about "6 o'clock" (5:30, actually) as you're looking at the front of the lens. I've straightened out similar mishaps before myself, but didn't want to touch this one as there's no need; it doesn't throw the element out of position, so I'll let the sleeping dog lie. I did lower the asking price because of this though.

I don't believe you'll find a better specimen.

Figure 2-1/2 pounds shipping weight from Zip Code 90027; PayPal only please.

If you need a reference, my eBay ID is pacviewcam, where I have a positive feedback score of 597 -- I've never had a neutral or negative.

Please note: I ship as soon as PayPal payments clear to my bank account, which can take 3-4 business days. I'll email you as soon as I've shipped, with any available tracking information.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 12in-Comm-Ektar-3.jpg   12in-Comm-Ektar-2.jpg   12in-Comm-Ektar-1.jpg  
    Last edited by pacviewcam; 12-04-2012 at 12:32 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    SOLD

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Dang... if it falls through call me..

My wife gives me hell when you leave the toilet seat up... so STOP leaving the toilet seat up!!
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Wow... someone got a good deal.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin