Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,694   Posts: 1,549,029   Online: 953

Shooter
    Multi Format

FS: 12 in. f/6.3 Kodak Commercial Ektar

SOLD

12 in. f/6.3 Kodak Commercial Ektar
    in #4 Acme Synchro Shutter
    with flange
    $285 or best reasonable offer

These have a reputation as being super-sharp; this specimen should be no exception. It's coated, scratch-free and the shutter works perfectly.

Ansel Adams used this model and a 14" as well to great effect in the 1940s; I've seen prints he made from those negatives (as many of you probably have too) and I don't think he ever got sharper, contrastier results. As sharp sometimes, but nothing sharper.

Stops from f/6.3 to f/45, no oil on blades.

The only flaw is a dent in the front element barrel, so it's slightly out of round at the front, at about "6 o'clock" (5:30, actually) as you're looking at the front of the lens. I've straightened out similar mishaps before myself, but didn't want to touch this one as there's no need; it doesn't throw the element out of position, so I'll let the sleeping dog lie. I did lower the asking price because of this though.

I don't believe you'll find a better specimen.

Figure 2-1/2 pounds shipping weight from Zip Code 90027; PayPal only please.

If you need a reference, my eBay ID is pacviewcam, where I have a positive feedback score of 597 -- I've never had a neutral or negative.

Please note: I ship as soon as PayPal payments clear to my bank account, which can take 3-4 business days. I'll email you as soon as I've shipped, with any available tracking information.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 12in-Comm-Ektar-3.jpg   12in-Comm-Ektar-2.jpg   12in-Comm-Ektar-1.jpg  
    Last edited by pacviewcam; 12-04-2012 at 12:32 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    SOLD

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Dang... if it falls through call me..

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Wow... someone got a good deal.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin