Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,645   Posts: 1,481,247   Online: 805

Shooter
    Multi Format

FS: 75mm f/4.5 Tominon in Copal Press Shutter

75mm f/4.5 Tominon
    in Copal / Polaroid Press Shutter
    $75 or best reasonable offer.

This is a minty specimen. No cosmetic flaws, no issues with glass, everything works perfectly. Shutter has its retaining ring.

Only thing wrong is that a set screw is missing that holds a screw-on ring in place; the ring holds the front "panel" of the shutter in place. I've placed a piece of tape over the hole to keep the ring from spinning off.

About the lens: It's a macro lens that'll cover 4x5 at magnifications of 2:1 or greater. I've read that it doesn't do so well at infinity focus, and coverage is probably on a par with the Tessar of that focal length. In other words, 6x6 is probably the limit.

The elements unscrew from the shutter easily, but the aperture won't open past the f/4.5 that it's rated for. This would be an issue if you wanted to get this for the shutter alone, to put a longer lens on it. With a maximum aperture opening of about 16mm, you're not going to get a very bright image from anything substantially longer than the 75mm it's meant for.

I think this is kind of a shame, because it's a wonderful shutter. But then again, it's a great lens-shutter combo, when used for macro shooting.

Just wanted to give you a heads-up about this -- full disclosure is definitely a way to keep one's friends when selling stuff, no?

Figure 2 pounds shipping weight from Zip Code 90027. PayPal only, please.

If you need a reference, my eBay ID is pacviewcam, where I have a positive feedback score of 597 -- I've never had a neutral or negative.

Please note: I ship as soon as PayPal payments clear to my bank account, which can take 3-4 business days. I'll email you as soon as I've shipped, with any available tracking information.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 75-Tominon-2.jpg   75-Tominon-3.jpg   75-Tominon-1.jpg   75-Tominon-4.jpg  

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin