Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,922   Posts: 1,556,619   Online: 1283

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks amigo! I'll make sure they get decent paper.
    Best regards,
    Jon

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    ahhhh---aaaarrrgghhh---D-oh...

..lovin' your jokes and was thinkin' about getting the n50...ooops : - )

smiling gecko. aka kenneth

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It has arrived and it's a beauty. Thanks Jon. (Sorry Kenneth - N50s are pretty easy to come by so best of luck in your search.)
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Art

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    hey art, it's ok :- ( just kidding:-)

i did a look around and there are scads of those rascals out there...

...but none that generated that marvelous yarn-spinning, belly aching, yucking it up, grand jon goodman humor...mark twain is chuckling at all this somewhere...

...oh, jon...i have been regrettably, remorsefully and ridiculously late in expressing my enjoyment, edification and enlightenment from the many, many, many, (did i say many??), many verbally illustrative, amusing, remarkable, and vastly entertaining sagas accompanying the gear-for-sale posts..gotta go & check the apug classifieds!!!

breathe, relax and enjoy.
    smiling gecko, aka kenneth

Escaped Bakersfield, CA. Now in Indianapolis.
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    I must agree. I really wish I had the money to buy some of the stuff you post, Jon. If for no other reason than to thank you for my favorite ads on the site.

You never cease to entertain me.

And I give nothing back but kind words of thanks.

I'm a jerk, but I'm gonna keep reading them (for free) as long as you keep posting them.

-James.

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks very much for the nice (and complimentary) notes, guys! I'm never sure what to expect to bubble up out of the sludge filter I loosely refer to as my brain, but if it is funny or entertaining then that's a good thing, I suppose. I do have some more things to sell, although time hasn't exactly been my friend lately. Since I threaded a few jokes into this post, here's one more:
    A man sends his son off to college. Since the man never got to go to college, he explains to his son that in return for paying for his education, he wants the son to write him lots of letters telling him about college life...in essence, the man wants to live the college life vicariously. He's very specific with the son, telling him to write the letters in the "we" form ("we" did this or "we" did that) so that he'd feel more like he was really there at school. The sons leaves and no letters follow. At Thanksgiving, the father says to the son "I have been hoping to see some letters telling me what "we" are doing. I want to see you do that when you get back." The son nods agreement, but the weeks between Thanksgiving and Christmas break provide no letters at all. Over the Christmas break, the dad reminds the son a little more energetically that he must receive letters telling him what "we" are doing. No letters arrive the second semester, and when the son arrives home for Spring Break, the dad is pretty well at the end of the rope. This time the son promises to send letters telling the dad what "we" are doing. Toward the middle of May, a letter arrives. The dad rips it open excitedly and reads "Dear Dad, We have been studying and working hard in school. We have learned it is more difficult than high school and we must study more. We have met many interesting friends. Last semester we joined a fraternity, and that has provided us with some entertainment. We think we're going to enjoy it here. Oh, and early last semester we met a girl who we dated some. Last week she gave birth to twins. Unfortunately mine died at birth, but she needs to know what you want to name yours. Love, your son."

Jon

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin