Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,928   Posts: 1,585,187   Online: 719

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm

FS: Nikon N50 a special one

For sale: nice Nikon N50. This camera has none of the stickiness of the grip some of the Nikon and Minolta autofocus models were known to suffer. Clean as a pin this one is. I haven't used it in a year, but the last time I did use it, all was fine. There is some scratching on the side of the flash unit, so it isn't perfect. I re-painted this last week, but I don't believe it helped as much as I hoped. Ah well, if you're buying the N50 it isn't because you consider it a collectible masterpiece, is it? Nope, you're buying it because you want a very nice amateur autofocus camera with lots of features. You're looking for a camera which will work fine in manual mode as well as a fairly highly sophisticated automatic mode. That's why you're looking at this camera, isn't it? Well, maybe a few of you are looking at this because you think I may say something unexpected. And I might. Here, how about this: Two guys looking for work are talking about their prospects. One says to the other, "I see the circus is looking for a lion tamer. I think I'll take that job." The other guy says "Ha, you don't know anything about lions. What are you going to do when that roaring lion comes running toward you?" The first guy says "Oh, that's easy. I'll stick that chair in his face and back him down." Second guy says "Hmm, what happens if the lion slaps the chair out of your hands?" First guy says "Then I'll whip him with that whip those guys have." Second guy says "And what if he grabs that whip in his mouth and jerks it out of your hand?" First guy says "Well, then I'll just have to use the pistol and shoot him." Second guy says "Ok and what if the pistol misfires?" First guy "Well, I'll grab some of the doo-doo on the bottom of the cage and sling it at his face and run for the door." Second guy says "What if the cage floor is clean?" First guy says "If a lion comes at me, rips the chair out of my hands, takes the whip away and the pistol misfires, I promise you there'll be a tremendous amount of doo-doo on the floor of that cage."

So, let's put this Nikon N50 in your hands in time for the holidays. $20 plus actual cost of shipping.

PayPal ok for international buyers but check/cash/money order for domestic buyers please.

If questions, please ask.

Jon
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Nikon N50 1.jpg   Nikon N50 2.jpg   Nikon N50 3.jpg   Nikon N50 4.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The cost of this camera is definitely worth the joke!

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks! The first time I heard that joke I was in study hall in elementary school. I laughed so loud I was sent down to the principal's office.
    Jon

Shooter
    35mm
    Well, since nobody has bought the camera, I suppose I must have told the wrong joke. Ok, let's try again:
    A woman and her tennis coach are in bed when she hears her husband coming in early from work. She leaps out of bed, shoves the naked coach into the corner of the bedroom, rubs baby oil on him and then covers him with talcum powder. Then she says "Shut your eyes, strike a pose and stay still if you don't want to get caught." The hubby comes into the bedroom to change out of his suit and asks "When did we change the decor in here?" Wifey says "Well, Judy Sokolowicz got a statue for her bedroom not long ago, and I thought we could get one too." Later that night they went to bed and when his wife was sound asleep, the husband got up and went to the kitchen to get a sandwich and a glass of water. He took this back to the bedroom, handed it to the "statue" and said "Here, eat this. Last month I had to stand like that all weekend at the Sokolowicz house and I thought I was going to starve to death."

Jon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Jon

That's a pretty funny joke. So funny that I'm tempted to buy the N50 BUT not quite that good. (Just got an fairly nice N50 last week.).
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Art

Shooter
    35mm
    Glad you enjoyed it Art! I'm sure you'll like the N50. There's really no reason not to. If you don't like the one you bought, please consider this one. I used it with Sigma 28-80 and a Tamron 70-300 lenses, and it always took great pictures. I think it is interesting to see a camera like this selling for $20. One warning: The N50 (and N80 and any others in this series) were all at risk of losing the auto-focus mirror. It sits beneath the main mirror and folds up at the same time...and that had happened to this one when I got it. It just falls off when the original adhesive fails. If this happens to yours, please let me know. You must use a very thin adhesive product to re-fasten it so that you preserve the auto-focus accuracy, and it has to be re-attached carefully as it (like the main mirror) is top-plated. This one has already had the fix and should be good for a long time.
    Jon

Shooter
    35mm
    These three men were sitting on a bench in front of the nursing home talking about growing old. The first one says "Well it isn't so bad but I have trouble urinating. Me plumbing just ain't what it once was. The second man says "Yep, I have the same problem with my bowels. I don't know why, but they don't work like they once did." The third man says "Well, fortunately I don't have those problems. Every morning about 6 o'clock I pee like a race horse. And every morning about 6:30 I crap like an elephant. The main problem is I just don't seem to be able to wake up before about 9 o'clock."

So buy this camera, please. You'll help society and possibly yourself someday. I'll donate part of the paltry proceeds to church and they'll in turn use some of that money to buy alarm clocks for nursing homes.

Jon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Jon the jokes are getting better and better. Soon I'll have to add another N50 to my nikon grouping.
    Art

Shooter
    35mm
    Ok see...at some point I'm going to run out of jokes so someone needs to buy this camera. But anyhow, a woman walks up to a dark corner of the bar in a pub and motions for the bartender to come over. He does and the woman leans forward toward him. When his face is close to hers, she begins to caress his neck and cheeks, running her fingers up into his hair also. While caressing him she says "are you the manager?" The bartender, hardly able to speak at this point says "no, I'm just working here." She says "can you get him for me?" "I don't have his telephone number," says the bartender "but what can I do for you?" "Well," says the woman placing her index finger playfully into his mouth and playing with his tongue "When he comes around I really need you to give him a message. I need you to tell him there is no toilet paper at all in the ladies room."

So buy it...the camera, that is. I promise I'll try to find this pub and give them a couple of dollars from the proceeds for toilet paper so situations like this can be avoided.

Jon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This joke did it. PM sent. Cheap toilet paper will do.
    Art

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin