Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,993   Posts: 1,524,254   Online: 988

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelbsc View Post
    I like the LTM lens better (just because), but I would like to move from the FSU to real Leica stuff. Obviously that's an expensive proposition. Especially when what I own now works fine. And I'm hardly making my living on photography. So it's a totally sunk hobby cost.

The camera body is a drop in the bucket.
    Well, screwmount lenses are a *lot* cheaper than their M-mount counterparts, at least. And the various good third-party lenses (Nikkor, CV, Canon) go a lot cheaper than Leica-made lenses; I found I was able to make the switch from fSU to "true compatible" stuff without really breaking the bank, with the real workhorse lens being a 50/2 Nikkor. It's still a sunk cost, but it doesn't have to be a *huge* sunk cost.

You do find fSU lenses that work OK on a "real" mount, by the way. As far as I know the jury is out on whether the mounts really are built to slightly different standards (IIRC, Dante Stella and Karen Nakamura did experiments and came to opposite conclusions), but in practice there are clearly lenses and situations where the difference is negligible. I haven't shot my Industar-26m much since getting the Nikkor a few years ago, but it actually gave me pretty good service on a CV body.

-NT
    Nathan Tenny
    San Diego, CA, USA

The lady of the house has to be a pretty swell sort of person to put up with the annoyance of a photographer.
    -The Little Technical Library, _Developing, Printing, And Enlarging_

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

[WTS] BESSA-R body only [$200]

Darn there has been a lot of tempting stuff on APUG lately! I just ordered up a refurbed Leica IIIf so will have to pass on this one...someone should grab though. A great body.
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    PENDING PAYMENT

Shooter
    35mm
    The camera arrived yesterday - shipping was VERY fast and dealing with mr. rawhead was a pleasure. I highly recommend him as a seller!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks, pleasure was both ways. I hope you enjoy the cam and put it to good use!!!

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Would you ship to South Africa?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Sorry this is SOLD

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin