Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,208   Posts: 1,531,937   Online: 1118

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    35mm
    Well Christmas came and went and you sort of missed your opportunity to use the SUNPAK 611 to take a picture of Santa coming down the chimney. But that's ok...there's still plenty of things to take pictures of, aren't there? Of course. New Year's Eve is upon us, after all. Let's make it easy for you to have this professional flash unit in your hands. $45 total...domestic shipping included in that price or a reduction in international shipping by $6.
    Jon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I was just checking on the flash trigger voltage at:

http://www.botzilla.com/photo/strobeVolts.html

It seems that the older versions were 190v and newer examples had been throttled back to 4v. This is also true of old Vivitar 283's that were produced over a long period of time and requirements. It could be that this one is just fine for all duties but thought that if you're considering this aspect, the information may be helpful.

A couple of friends owned these over the years and they swear by them as they perform consistently and have been rock-solid reliable. They also have been using them with new-wave film and digital slr's, too.
    Craig Schroeder

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks Craig,
    I got tired of wondering so I pulled out the voltmeter and tested it. Trigger voltage = 189.8 and it works like a champ using just C cells. So if you're planning on using it on a digital device, you will need a peanut slave or a "safe hotshoe" adapter similar to the one marketed by Wein and others. Personally given the cost of the Wein device, I'd go with a peanut slave.
    Jon

Shooter
    35mm
    Bump.
    Jon

Shooter
    35mm
    $30 shipped in the USA or if international knock $8 off of the actual postage.
    If questions, please ask.
    Jon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    PM'd, commit to purchase.

Shooter
    35mm
    Done and done. Thanks again my friends.
    Jon

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin