Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,767   Posts: 1,516,489   Online: 883

Shooter
    35mm

FS: Mir-1 37mm/2.8 1958 Brussels Grand Prix lens

Here is the 1958 37mm Mir Grand Prix winner in 39mm mount. Before anyone asks "is this lens named after the car Steve McQueen drove in the 1958 Grand Prix?", the answer is yes, at least that sounds somewhat believable. At the same time, Steve was filming "The Blob." That's just one reason you should never discard old encyclopedias.

Anyway, the glass in this lens is in terrific condition...the coating is a purplish color which is actually seductive to look at...and the rest of the lens itself is ok. I've tried to show the coating in two angles of the front element below. There is no visible damage, but the infinity stop is not working. So you just need to be careful to stop focusing when you reach infinity. I know nothing about the history of this lens. It was an impulse purchase for me about a decade ago. There are certain aspects about it which are very impressive. It has so many leaves in the aperture that it makes what appears to be a perfect circle as it opens and closes. Despite its oddity with the infinity stop situation, it took very nice pictures...at any focus length. So if you've always been curious about this lens, you can have one today for only $29 plus the actual cost of shipping.

PayPal ok for international, but check/cash/money order for domestic buyers, please.

Jon
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mir 2.jpg   Mir 1.jpg   Mir 3.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format

Jon, you are killing me. Tempting me to break camera restriction, and this close to Christmas too....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Shooter
    Multi Format

No will power... PM sent...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Shooter
    35mm
    Done and done my friend!
    Thanks,
    Jon

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin