Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,701   Posts: 1,482,641   Online: 702

dpn
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

Hideously Pimped Out Cobra Argus C-3 & 100mm Lens & Extras!

I don't know what I was thinking. A few years ago, I decided to make an "Elvis" edition of an Argus C-3. I repaired an Argus C-3 (cleaned its viewfinder and rangefinder, aligned the rangefinder, fixed the shutter), and then covered it with a cobra leather kit from cameraleather.com. I also put a cool sticker of a pair of dice on it, 'cause, Elvis and Vegas, you know? *shakes head*

Anyway, this camera has been decorating my office since 2007. It works. I'm not sure how accurate the shutter speeds are, but the 1/300th sounds fast, and the slower speeds sound slower. The camera is engraved.

The 50mm f/3.5 Argus Coated Cintar is fine. No fungus.

I'm also including the following:

-- Argus Tele-Sandmar 100mm f/4.5 coated lens, from the fine folks at Enna-Werk München, U.S. Zone Germany, including both front and rear aluminum caps and its original aluminum lens hood. The glass looks good, but the aperture blades are oily.

-- Argus 50mm aluminum lens shade. This one is pretty scratched up, but original.

-- Argus Adapter Ring "18C". I'm not sure what filter size fits on this adapter ring.

How about $50, plus $11.35 for shipping via a medium priority mail box to the US? Payment via Paypal, 2% to be donated to APUG, US buyers only, send a PM if you're interested.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails photo (1).jpg   photo.jpg   photo (2).jpg  

Shooter
    35mm
    Oh my God that is awesome! I was seriously tempted, but I can't justify buying a camera I have no intention of using.

But wow.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Most pimpin' lunch box I've ever seen

Shooter
    Multi Format
    would you ship it to Australia - I love it!
    A camera is only a black box with a hole in it....

my blog...some film, some digital http://andrewk1965.wordpress.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format

Hideously Pimped Out Cobra Argus C-3 & 100mm Lens & Extras!

Now if you had only put on wood veneer, you would have made a few hundred dollars at least! Lol

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Very cool! I like customized cameras. I used to do a lot of that when I had my camera repair business.
    Bruce

Moma don't take my Kodachrome away!
    Oops, Kodak just did!

BruceCSdunekPhotography.zenfolio.com

dpn
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    On hold pending sale.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    fun. i was given one recently and it has this faux like gator skin and a matching case. i too cleaned it all up and seems to work but have yet to put a roll through it. will have to make a point to take some pics of ann arbor as a tribute.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sharris View Post
    fun. i was given one recently and it has this faux like gator skin and a matching case. i too cleaned it all up and seems to work but have yet to put a roll through it. will have to make a point to take some pics of ann arbor as a tribute.
    Take a couple of shots of the old Argus Bldg (now owned by UofM).
    WYSIWYG - At least that's my goal.

Portfolio-http://apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=25518

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin