Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,205   Posts: 1,531,710   Online: 1136

Shooter
    Medium Format

FS: Two Reel Patterson Tanks Qty 3 for $50 shipped

I have three Patterson Tanks, all take two 35mm reels. six reels are included. The little agitator insert is not included. I'd like to sell all three as a lot, shipped for $50.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Is that 2 35 mm reels, or 2 reels expanded to 120?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    And are they the older screw-on top variety or the newer pop-on top variety?

(Sorry, I'm typing faster than I'm thinking)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    New pop top
    Holds two 35mm or a single 120 (although I normally spool two 120's on a single spindle)

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by AlbertZeroK View Post
    New pop top
    Holds two 35mm or a single 120 (although I normally spool two 120's on a single spindle)
    Holy shit... I've NEVER thought of doing that... how dumb am I... the tape is already there at the end... duh!!! wow... I think you just shaved years off of my sink time.... wow... what's wrong with me that I never thought of this???

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Holy shit... I've NEVER thought of doing that... how dumb am I... the tape is already there at the end... duh!!! wow... I think you just shaved years off of my sink time.... wow... what's wrong with me that I never thought of this???
    Stone:

I do this regularly.

I load the first roll and them manually push it to the end - it moves down through the spiral until it reaches the end. I then load the second roll normally.

This is more reliable (IMHO) then trying to join the two rolls end to end with the tape, which I haven't had much success with.

One caption though - this works well with moderate inversion agitation. If you use continuous rotary agitation, the films can wander and as a result overlap each other.

You have to be careful to ensure that you have enough developer in the tank (check capacity numbers). As an example, if you use HC-110 dil H, you need a tank that holds at least 768 ml of developer to ensure 6 ml of concentrate for each roll.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

FS: Two Reel Patterson Tanks Qty 3 for $50 shipped

Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    Stone:

I do this regularly.

I load the first roll and them manually push it to the end - it moves down through the spiral until it reaches the end. I then load the second roll normally.

This is more reliable (IMHO) then trying to join the two rolls end to end with the tape, which I haven't had much success with.

One caption though - this works well with moderate inversion agitation. If you use continuous rotary agitation, the films can wander and as a result overlap each other.

You have to be careful to ensure that you have enough developer in the tank (check capacity numbers). As an example, if you use HC-110 dil H, you need a tank that holds at least 768 ml of developer to ensure 6 ml of concentrate for each roll.
    All good info, I have the right capacity but I may try tape first and see how it goes despite the warning, as I've seen that my hand agitation technique can shift film inward, so I would certainly have overlap, but I won't change my technique as I know I get good results from what I do. We shall see!!

Excited to try new things!

~Stone

The Noteworthy Ones - Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1 / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Medium Format
    bump. open to offers.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    PM sent

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin