Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,557   Posts: 1,545,147   Online: 996

Shooter
    Medium Format

FS: Norita 66 body, finder, 2/80 (near mint condition)

For sale is a Norita 66 with standard lens 2/80 and non-metered prism finder. This outfit comes with all original caps, original strap, original package and user's manual. The serial numbers on the package match those on the camera body and the lens respectively.
    As to the condition: The whole outfit was never used. the lens is in absolute pristine condition. Focusing and aperture rings operate smooth. No dust, no haze, no scratches (neither on the barrel, nor on the aperture blades), no cleaning marks, no oil/other fluids, no separation. No fungus.
    The finder and the camera body show some minor signs of imperfect manufacturing quality which Norita Kogaku was quite well known for. Maybe a treatment can improve that.
    For real use the camera body needs new light seals and maybe also shutter adjustment or CLA. The shutter curtain might have to be replaced, it is showing some marks from pressure.
    On the bottom plate's right corner there is an 8mm long brassing which is the only sign of treatment by a user.
    The package is not that beautiful but still makes this collector's item complete.
    All in all this may be the best preserved Norita 66 outfit you will be able to find ever or at least for years.
    Therefore I sell this item for best offer.

I'll add some photos later.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi, I know the going rate for most cameras but this is quite rare, as you infer. So, why not let us know what price you'd like for it? Being the owner, you would best know it's value. Thanks, Bob.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hi Bob, thank you for your comment. I am not asking an astronomic price. But I am expecting an offer higher than EUR 1000 / US-$ 1300. This amount is based on the highest prices recently realized on ebay plus an addition of 50% considering the remarkably better cosmetical condition. Please feel free to place any offer that reflects the value you assign to this Norita 66. I definitely want to sell it, so I may let it go for less. But I am not in hurry.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    It would be great as a fellow MF shooter, you could conduct and provide the results for a simple shutter-bounce test.

Method: set up the norita on a tripod, shooting something more or less homogenous (eg. white wall with maybe a painting or photo frame), with ample light so that you can take a shot w/ proper exposure at all the shutter speeds (1/500 - 1S). There's 10 so you'll have 2 more to dick around with.

The thing is, I've handled I believe FIVE Norita 66 in the past 4 years or so, and ALL of them had the so-called shutter bounce problem (ref: http://www.flickr.com/photos/rickspace/4551744577/). So I'm now convinced that this problem occurs not due to the way they're used but rather, it's just something that manifests after a certain period of time after manufacture. Therefore, even a pristine, never-used copy like yours could still have it. And if it does, that's a $200+ repair job right there (@ Ross Yerkes in LA). The presence/absence of this problem could/should be factored in to any offers that ppl want to make.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by rawhead View Post
    It would be great as a fellow MF shooter, you could conduct and provide the results for a simple shutter-bounce test.
    Therefore, even a pristine, never-used copy like yours could still have it. And if it does, that's a $200+ repair job right there (@ Ross Yerkes in LA). The presence/absence of this problem could/should be factored in to any offers that ppl want to make.
    Well, I am not really sure why one would want to buy this item and then use it. Of course it is up to you whatever you do with the camera once it is yours. But then, you can also buy any recently overhauled nice user condition copy for less money - and do not have to think about +/- $200. Please do not get me wrong, I will happily provide any information you are interested in. But I would like to point out that you will definitely have to take into account further costs in order to make it fully usable (please look at the original item description) - at the risk of causing additional marks, damage or even loss. However I will think about doing this test.
    Kind regards.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Addendum: If you do not intend to use the camera (you did not explicitely mention neither that nor the opposite), but want to have the camera in working condition anyway then I understand your point. In this case please consider the shutter as defective a priori (and calculate possible extra repair costs).
    Last edited by 120; 12-27-2012 at 05:08 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: misspelling

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I don't know about you or anybody else but I would never purchase any photographic equipment with the intention of "not" using it, regardless of its condition

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Norita66.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	240.6 KB 
ID:	61836
    In case you would like to see more details please send me a PM with your E-Mail address. I will send you a zip-file with a couple of photos.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    No collectors here? No offer - no sale. Ad closed.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin