Switch to English Language Passer en langue franÁaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,698   Posts: 1,549,101   Online: 1120

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

FS: Zone VI Brilliant Graded Paper

Iíve got some Zone VI Brilliant graded paper that I need to sell to finance other photo projects.

I have 3 -100 sheet boxes of grade #2 and 3 - 100 sheet boxes of grade #3. They have never been opened and the seals are intact.

They have been in my freezer (0 to -10 F) for their entire lives and I have more than I can use in my entire life now that I am mostly contact printing. They are dated 1985/87.

I took an opened box from the freezer and printed some negatives. Here is what I found:

When comparing (unexposed, of course) developed/fixed with fixed only I couldnít tell the difference until I looked on the back where I had written the information. I also made 8x10 contact prints from both grades and the results were excellent.

Iím offering these at $75 per box which should be a pretty good price in spite of the age but because it is still good.

Alan
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0777.jpg   IMG_0780.jpg   IMG_0778.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    PM sent

Mike

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    bump

2 boxes of Grade 2 and 4 boxes of Grade 3 left!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Guilleminot paper... Hmmm !
    Too bad it's only 8x10. In bigger size I would have grabbed them right away !

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    One project at a time.

I have a box of 50 sheets in 11x14 in grade #4 that is sealed. I have a box each of #2 and #3 only they have had the seals broken. I will have to wait for them to thaw out to get a count.

Silly Me - I have 2 other boxes of gradess #2 & 3 that are also opened with some paper missing as they weigh less than the seals box.

Alan
    Last edited by Alan Davenport; 01-05-2013 at 03:20 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: spelling

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Alan, got the paper to day in good shape, will try it out tomorrow .

Mike

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by henry finley View Post
    !985??? I was about 27 in 1985. Do you know how old I am now?
    Well, I was 34 and the paper has faired much better than I have!

Alan

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Thank you, Mike.

Alan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Tested the paper yesterday and found a very, very slight fog on the #2 paper. Used dektol 1:1 1/2 fresh for 3mins then stop and fix. #3 paper is fine. Don't think it was the safe light but will try again with out safe light. Maybe a little anti-foggant in the developer would clear up the #2 paper. Not as bad as Henry thought.

Mike

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Yes, or a little Potassium Bromide, say 5 - 10ml/liter of 10%. Still, not bad for paper of this age. Keep me posted.

Alan

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  ó   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin