Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,764   Posts: 1,516,310   Online: 1073

Shooter
    Multi Format

FS: Lot of pre-war German plate backs with film adaptors

This is a box of pre-war German plate backs that I've had sitting in my darkroom for far too long in hopes of finding a use. I've seen some discussion here that people seek them out, so here's your chance. I also have no clue if these are valuable or junk so they're priced to move -- my ignorance is your gain!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	film holders.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	111.9 KB 
ID:	62303

I'm only showing the three main types of holders. There's actually 16 of them, of four types. I would like to sell the whole lot as one -- I don't relish the idea of finding separate packages, making separate trips to the post office and so on, plus the postage in that situation would rapidly exceed the value of the goods.

So, buy them all, use the unwanted for unique coasters or sell them for the millions of dollars they're really worth while chuckling about the fool in Utah. The Voigtlander ones strike me as being the prize, worth the whole price. They're really good clean condition, a nice set.

I'm asking $80 for the lot -- $5 each -- plus $10 postage in the US (overseas extra, obviously) and I throw in the non-plate stuff for free. The whole thing weighs 7 pounds, it will cost more than $10 to mail, my treat. Foreign buyers are cautioned.

The lot includes:

3 Zeiss Ikon holders, code 665/5. Outside measurements, 93mm by 137 mm and have Kodak 3 1/4 by 4 1/4 Kodak cut film sheaths inside where the plate would go. They are in really nice condition and fully usable.

1 Zeiss Ikon holder, code 664/7 -- outside edge measurements are 100 by 150 mm and contains a Zeiss 3 1/4 by 4 1/4 film sheath, code 725/4. This holder is pretty rough, but usable. This is nearly identical to the Nagel holders below.

3 Nagel holders, 100 by 150 mm outside measurements with Kodak 9 by 12 film sheaths. Also rather rough.

9 Voigtlander plate holders 100 by 150mm outside measurements (excluding the handle part you grip) with 3 1/4 by 4 1/4 cut film inserts. These are not anyone's branded insert, but are metal septums very similar in design to the septums in a Grafmatic back. These holders appear to have been purchased as a set at one point -- they're numbered in sequence and most of the numbers are still there.

8 septums -- No name. Also very much like the septums in a grafmatic back, and exactly like the ones in the voigtlander holders, only these measure 9 by 12 cm.

1 Voigtlander Film Pack Adaptor, outside edge measurements 100 by 150. Good luck on finding a film pack for it, but these can be adapted as ground glass backs, or really cool coasters.

Your questions: Will these fit my camera -- I have no clue. If further description or more pictures will help you tell, let me know.

Will these leak light -- The felt on all but the rougher Nagel and one Zeiss holder looks good.

Will these really make good coasters -- Yes, they're multiple layers of metal with air spaces filled with cardboard in the film sheaths -- excellent insulation.

Give me a whistle if interested. Open to reasonable offers. My email/paypal address is summicron12000@yahoo.com

charlie trentelman
    ogden, utah
    Last edited by summicron1; 01-07-2013 at 05:01 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: correcting email

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Have you checked whether the 9x12 septums (septa?) will fit in the Voigtlaender holders? I *think* the same holders will take either size septum, but I'm not completely sure.

-NT
    Nathan Tenny
    San Diego, CA, USA

The lady of the house has to be a pretty swell sort of person to put up with the annoyance of a photographer.
    -The Little Technical Library, _Developing, Printing, And Enlarging_

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ntenny View Post
    Have you checked whether the 9x12 septums (septa?) will fit in the Voigtlaender holders? I *think* the same holders will take either size septum, but I'm not completely sure.

-NT

huh? cool, yes they do fit, although the septums in the voigtlander holders take slightly smaller film, but the blank septums will fit. thanks.

ct

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    PM sent.

-NT
    Nathan Tenny
    San Diego, CA, USA

The lady of the house has to be a pretty swell sort of person to put up with the annoyance of a photographer.
    -The Little Technical Library, _Developing, Printing, And Enlarging_

Shooter
    Multi Format
    SOLD AMERICAN!!!!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin