Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,911   Posts: 1,556,230   Online: 991

Shooter
    Multi Format

FS: Kodak Retina IIIc, fixer-upper

Actually, I bet this is one of those cameras that a guy with the right tools can take, spend 10 minutes, and have it working just fine again.

Sadly, I'm not one of those people.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	retina 1.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	128.0 KB 
ID:	62305

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	retina 2.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	57.2 KB 
ID:	62306

I sent it for service years ago because the film advance had gone flooey -- it came back sort of fixed, then not fixed, I sent it back, it came back sort of not fixed again, then not fixed, and I gave up, should have demanded my money back (they actually are good about that) but I was feeling non-confrontational those days, the postage was starting to add up, so I just put it on the shelf and there it sat.

So far as I know the shutter, rangefinder and all else are in great condition but it is impossible to test because, as you can see, the film advance is stuck where it is, no amount of gentle jiggling will budge it. No, it has not been forced.

The lens is flawless. This is really one of the nicest lenses I've ever used, and I've used my share.

So, $50? Or make me a reasonable offer. Add $8 for postage in the US.

Paypal address is summicron12000@yahoo.com

Charlie Trentelman
    Ogden, Utah

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I love my IIIc -- and IIc and IIa. I'd jump on this, but I know it would end in springs and tears (and curses) spread across the kitchen table. Good luck!

Shooter
    Multi Format

Do you see that round thingy by the top left side of the lens barrel in you first picture, well if you loosen that piece by removing the screw that easily accessible and only loosening the screw that you have to reach for behind the folding case, you disconnect the shutter from that winding lever by simply prying those that gear off the track. The person who tried to rebuild it didn't setup the correct gearing which causes the short stroke locking you have.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    yes, i know how that is set up and that may, indeed, be the problem although I wondered if it was not, rather, the worm gear that winds the camera.

in any event, if the fix is that simple, you ought to grab it, fix it and double your money. Make me a fair offer, it's yours.

Shooter
    Multi Format

Haha I wish I could, I have one that my grandfather gave me, it looks perfect and has the original case and the meter even works. But I still didn't get around to buying a replacement winding linkage (the toothed one that basically fails in about every one of these).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    sold

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin