Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,919   Posts: 1,556,431   Online: 1180

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

20 x Plus X 24exp

I have 20 rolls of Plus-X that I'm not using and don't see myself using.

Expired 9/1997

I've used a few rolls and haven't noticed a loss of speed, but there was some base fogging. I believe the fogging can be minimized or avoided so long as you don't stand develop.

I stand develop with Rodinal (1:100) and I'm too lazy to change my workflow, which is why I don't use it.

I bought it from a pro who was liquidating. Took it out of his freezer, brought it home. It's been in my freezer since then

2.50 / ea plus shipping

Save me from making multiple trips to the PO (buy all) and I'll pay for shipping. Paypal gift or buyer pays fee.

Cheers,
    Phil

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo.JPG 
Views:	33 
Size:	559.5 KB 
ID:	62389

A couple images from negative scans from one of the rolls I used.

Name:	img256.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	796.7 KB 
ID:	62395

Name:	img252.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	511.7 KB 
ID:	62396

Shooter
    35mm
    I 'd be willing to pay $35 for the 20 rolls. I'm interested but can't afford $2.50 each if there's a risk of fogged negs. First time buying off Apug — not sure how this works.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This is good film. And it's Plus-X, so really it's actually great film!

I would not be selling film that I thought was going to be useless to someone or cause someone problems. I'm scanning some negatives from this film right now, from a few photos i took at Christmas. I have bought and sold a few times here on APUG and I don't like the implication that I am trying to pawn off some bad film. I simply described the condition for full disclosure.

There are a few reasons I don't often use this film but the reason I decided to sell it is because it's not fast enough. And if I push it, development time will increase greatly, and the chance of fogging will also increase.

If you use this film at box speed you will have no problems. I'd recommend normal dev over stand dev but you can see from my negatives that even stand dev yields perfectly acceptable results.

I am wiling to accept $35 plus $5 shipping, but not because I'm selling an inferior product. It's because I want this film to get used and that still covers what I paid for it.

I think you will really enjoy this film. It's great for daylight and has a really lovely look to it.

Cheers,
    Phil

These were scanned at 600 dpi and resized for upload to 200 dpi in Preview (on a Mac). They have not been manipulated in any other way.

Name:	img563.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	352.9 KB 
ID:	62406

Awww ... I don't think Ian likes the camera so much!

Name:	img564.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	343.7 KB 
ID:	62407

These blue herons were just lounging around in my Dad's backyard, near Orlando.
    Last edited by pstake; 01-10-2013 at 07:17 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: added scans from negatives

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sold.
    Last edited by pstake; 01-10-2013 at 01:55 PM. Click to view previous post history.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin