Mihama Model IIIA
dual-format 120 folding camera
$115 or best reasonable offer

This is a 120 format folding camera that gives either 6x6cm or 4x5x6cm photos. There are two "flaps" that flip up from the sides to mask off the opening, and two film-counter windows on the back. It also has two viewfinders, one for each format. Slide a button on the back to open up one window or the other; you can view through only one of them at any time.

According to McKeowns, it was made circa 1953 by Suruga Seiki Co. in Japan.

This is a really nice sample, it looks like it's hardly been used. The covering is pretty much intact with a beautiful finish, and the metal has some tarnish from age and some scratches, more than likely from rattling around in a camera bag than from any hard use.

The bellows looks great and is light-tight.

The lens is a C. Mihama Anastigmat f/3.5 75mm in an MSK shutter. Front element scale focusing marked, oddly enough, in feet. Stops down to f/22, with speeds of B, 1, 2, 5, 10, 25, 50, 100 and 300. Sounds good at all speeds.

I don't have a case for it.

I ran a test roll through it a few years back, which turned out fine. The lens performs as you'd expect from an inexpensive folder of that era -- not great, but not too bad; sharp in the middle with some resolution fall-off at the corners. Would probably do all right shooting 4.5x6.

I'd keep it, but I never use it. It's one of the nicest condition folders I've ever had, but it languishes in a drawer; it should take some photos.

Figure 2lb 12oz shipping weight from Zip Code 90027. Priority Mail, First Class Mail, or UPS (in order of my preference).

I'll ship as soon as PayPal funds finish the transfer into my bank account, which takes a few days.

Pictures:

6x6:

4.5x6: