Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,688   Posts: 1,548,664   Online: 1214

mjs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

FS: Rolleiflex MX Type 1 just back from Harry's

Own the brand of camera used by photographic luminaries such as Imogen Cunningham and Robert Doisneau: the Rolleiflex. This is a model MX Model 1, serial number 1226464, made sometime in the period 1951-54 and it's just back from Harry Fleanor at Oceanside where both shutter and film transport mechanisms were repaired. It has the coated 75mm Zeiss Jena Tessar lens with no scratches or marks and very little dust on either taking or viewing lens. I ran a roll of Tri-X through it yesterday and developed the negatives last night and they looked great. There are some places on the viewing hood where it looks like the paint was touched up and the usual minute scratches on the chrome from use but it's still a pretty camera and will be very impressive when you take it out to photograph with. Comes with an original Rolleiflex instruction booklet, the receipt from Harry and a nice little calendar Oceanside slipped into the box. $450 plus shipping and you can't go wrong with this classic medium format TLR.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_5515_SM.jpg   IMG_5516_SM.jpg   IMG_5517_SM.jpg   IMG_5519_SM.jpg   IMG_5522_SM.jpg  

Last edited by mjs; 01-10-2013 at 08:25 PM. Click to view previous post history.

mjs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

More pics!

Some more pictures.

Mike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_5518_SM.jpg   IMG_5523_SM.jpg   IMG_5524_SM.jpg   IMG_5525_SM.jpg   IMG_5514_SM.jpg  

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming– “Wow! What a Ride!”

— Hunter S. Thompson

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You probably mean 75mm tessar. A wonderful camera; I don't need a 2nd though.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Hey, just a friendly FYI. The photos show a 75mm Schneider Xenar (not an 80mm Tessar, which would make this a different Rollei model).

mjs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Fer cryin' out loud, you'd think I could get it right... Yes, sorry: 75mm lens.

Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

FS: Rolleiflex MX Type 1 just back from Harry's

Great price for one done recently by Harry.
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Hi This isn't an MX, this is an Automat type 4! (Have one as well, and it's my favorite rolleiflex of all time, and I've used the 2.8c and 2.8d as well).
    Good Price

mjs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    According to online sources, model designations vary according to authority. For this serial number, Evans calls it an MX type 1 while Parker designates it as an Automat model 4. Another source calls it a Rolleiflex 3.5 A. So we're both right, I guess!

Mike

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Also, to repeat my earlier post, your photos show a coated Schneider-Kreuznach Xenar, while your description says the camera has a Jena Tessar.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin