Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,707   Posts: 1,548,504   Online: 914

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format

Wing Lynch 5 free for pick up - soon!

I know this is a long shot, but a local business is scraping a Wing Lynch Model 5 processor. The bad thing is they want it out of the warehouse in Morgantown, W.Va. today.

I'll post more details later, but if anybody wants it, let me know now. I could also see about parting out something if anyone needs it; that would not be free, but any reasonable offer since it is going to involve some time and effort.

They tell me the processor was bought new and only in service a couple years. Had cards for b&w, c41, and E6 I think.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mark, I'd love that thing, but the logistics seem impossible. If you picked it up do you have a place to store it?

Shooter
    Large Format
    I can see what is possible.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I would be interested in any of the tubes, especially for 4x5 or 8x10. More than willing to throw some money your way for your time.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The dam stops as well.

Shooter
    Large Format
    I have a call in to my friend there. If we don't get the entire processor out of there, I'll try to retrieve whatever seems useful. I never used one of these and don't really understand the drum system. I saw a clear tube in there with slots that I assume must take the dams. I did not see reels. There is a separate temperature control panel. Should I save that. Also a 5 gallon mixer (not Wing Lynch branded). I was tempted to let that go.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Wing Lynch 5 free for pick up - soon!

Save the water panel, it's a nice unit to have.

Shooter
    Instant Films
    I live less than three hours from there... if it's still available I can pick it up!

Shooter
    Large Format
    The warehouse was locked when my friend who works for the company finished today. He said he could still see it in there and left a note saying that someone may be interested in it. He has an assignment at 9:30 AM EST then will call me when he gets back in to the building.

I haven't heard back from jd callow, but it sounds like he couldn't pick it up anytime soon, but if he or Kylefornia wants to pick it up tomorrow I'll put you in touch with my friend. I think you'll want to wait to confirm things with him once he at work Tuesday morning. If the company knows for sure someone is coming, then I can't see why a day or so delay would matter.

PM with your phone number.

I'm glad there is some interest in this. We just hate to see it go to the dump. I believe it quite cost a lot; it sounds like it was put in service in 1999, replacing and older WL, then taken out of service in 2000 when they went to digital cameras. It has been in storage since then.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mark, I am in Michigan about 12 hours out. For me to get this I'd need someone to act as my proxy ( a nice way of saying pick the sucker up and wait for me to figure out a way down there). How ever it works out please don't let this thing go to the dump. Consider me plan 'C.'

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin