Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,302   Posts: 1,536,181   Online: 684

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PGum View Post
    If a rich alcoholic solution is possible, then adding drops of this (with quick stirring) to a much larger emulsion volume may be a convenient way to incorporate higher amounts.
    This would be a very convenient method and I'd be curious to know if this would work.
    If you are the big tree, we are the small axe

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The data I received the DAS shipment says that it's insoluble in organic solvents; does that include ethanol & isopropyl alcohol?

By the way, shipments are almost completely ready to go but are not shipped yet. I apologize for the wait, but I always seem to underestimate the amount of work that actually goes into something like this; everyone has been very patient and I reply with a very big thank you!

Shooter
    Digital Negs
    Quote Originally Posted by holmburgers View Post
    The data I received the DAS shipment says that it's insoluble in organic solvents; does that include ethanol & isopropyl alcohol?
    I can confirm that DAS is insoluble in isopropylalcohol. By adding 3 gram DAS to 50ml 99% isopropyl alcohol the powder stays dispersed in the liquid. By adding 50 ml water it still would not dissolve completely. Only after adding the minimum required quantity of water (100ml) it dissolves. As we know a saturated solution is around 3%. This water/alcohol/DAS mix is a clear solution and looks ok, time will tell if the alcohol has adverse effects on it. I will also test if this alcohol diluted DAS (now 2%) is usable as a brush-on sensitizer.

kees

PS Maybe it's a good idea to open a new DAS experimenters thread when all batches are send out by Chris.
    Last edited by keesbran; 03-06-2013 at 05:55 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: typo

Shooter
    35mm Pan
    http://www.sigmaaldrich.com/catalog/...g=en&region=IN
    will this product be the same and serve the purpose

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes, that is the same material, CAS 2718-90-3.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I recently received an email from someone interested in DAS and I'm sorry but I have lost your email! I have no way to get back to you and I don't remember the name, so if you see this, please send me another message.

Regarding DAS; I believe there is still significant interest in it, but as of now, I haven't heard from the manufacturer if there is going to be more available. If there is, I intend to procure it and sell it in a similar manner as before. Though instead of organizing it as a group buy, I will buy all that I can, package it in a variety of quantities and sell it in a more traditional 'retail' manner. I'm always interested in knowing if there is still interest in it, so please feel free to mention it here or send me a message.

Cheers!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin