Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,338   Posts: 1,537,728   Online: 812

Thread: Enlarger: Minox

Shooter
    35mm

Enlarger: Minox

The smallest large-format enlarger ever made . 16mm Minox B&W. Originally used by an academic at Sydney University. Date of manufacture not known. Type 2201 Serial #4805. Set up for 220v. Needs re-wiring, otherwise in excellent condition. Now located in Tasmania. I'll ascertain freight costs for folks living elsewhere.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It is 9.5mm not 16mm.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    How much with freight to the Big Island? When you sat it needs rewiring, how bad is it and does it have the original lens?
    Tony

Shooter
    35mm
    Hello Tony,
    the wiring is old rubber-sheathed stuff, certainly not useable as is. AgX is correct, the aperture in the glassless neg carrier is 7.7 x 10.7mm. Lens mount is a brilliant 3-lobe bayonet lock. Surprisingly, no iris and no other ID that I can see on the lens, or fungus etc.

The lamphouse is tight-fitting. There's a small release button(?) at the back but I hesitate to put any great pressure on it, so I don't yet know what's inside. Perhaps AgX can tell us more about this brilliant piece of Teutonic engineering, the lens and how to remove the lamphouse.

In the meantime I'll shoot some close-ups and ascertain freight. We'll be heading up your way later this year, so I could bring it with us( which I couldn't do with the other enlarger we are selling - a floor standing 5x7 Devere)
    Last edited by John&Tessa; 02-03-2013 at 03:20 AM. Click to view previous post history.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks John and AGX, still interested...will be using it for Minox negs of course.
    Tony

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I forgot to answer about that lens:

The enlarger lens is the same as the taking lens in the camera of the same period, but with different barrel of course.

Shooter
    35mm
    Thank you AgX. In what year would this enlarger have been built ?
    Last edited by John&Tessa; 02-04-2013 at 01:25 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    This minox is now with its new owner in NSW

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin