Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,769   Posts: 1,516,498   Online: 758

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

Antique 4X5 Soft Focus in Shutter! Achromatic Meniscus lens 130mm f5.5

You guys with 4X5's that want to dabble in Soft Focus, but don't want to spend $2300 for a Pinkham & Smith lens, and wish there was something in a shutter instead of all these old barrel lenses . . .

Here's an antique entry level lens from a 95 year old Post Card size folder that has been re-fitted to a newer Betax shutter that allows it to work "uncorked".

This is basically the equivalent of the famous "kodak Portrait" lenses, except in 2/5ths size. This is 130mm f5.5

Wide open it is very soft! As you stop down you'll see the image firming up, and by f16, it's a sharp lens!

Take a look at the Galli Style page to get some ideas of what you can do in Soft Focus. This will be a lot of fun for someone. $225 includes shipping in USA
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I even want this ... And I don't shoot 4x5!!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Ooh, beautiful...

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Thanks for the very kind comments! This one sold already!

I'll make these up from time to time though when I can find the parts. So let me know if you'd like one.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin