Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,274   Posts: 1,534,662   Online: 1100

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

3D printed lens boards for 2x3 Century Graphic

I'm not quite sure this is the perfect place to post this as this is not a direct sales from me but via a website, but I designed a lens board for 3D printing at Shapeways.com to use on my 2x3 Century, as they are difficult to find, and/or expensive ($30 for blanks, $50 fabricated at SK Grimes), and not so easy to fabricate yourself, unlike boards for some other LF gear. The material and the size makes the 3D printed boards more than adequate, I think, unless you attach something seriously heavy on it. You can buy them here:

http://www.shapeways.com/shops/rawhead

I've made available Copal #0 and Copal #1 versions, but I can make the holes any size you please. The price will vary slightly depending on the hole size (bigger the hole, the cheaper, as it uses less material). I hope this will come in handy for people.

Here's the Copal #0 version I made to use with my Apo-Grandagon 35/4.5

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0717.JPG 
Views:	144 
Size:	195.6 KB 
ID:	64085

Mods: if this particular listing is not appropriate, please let me know and/or move it to a location that is. Thank you.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Wow, we really are there already?

I need to design a lens board for my Meopta enlarger and I'm currently thinking to find somebody who has a lathe to make it for me...
    Is it feasible to just find somebody with a 3d printer??

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jernejk View Post
    Wow, we really are there already?

I need to design a lens board for my Meopta enlarger and I'm currently thinking to find somebody who has a lathe to make it for me...
    Is it feasible to just find somebody with a 3d printer??
    What I will tell you is this; it was easier for me to download Google Sketchup for free, design the board, and get Shapeways to make it, than for me to order a blank, buy some circular saw bits for my DeWalt or find someone who can do all of that for me, not to mention cheaper.

Finding someone who has a 3D printer might be a bit hard right now, but in a few years, that won't be the case. I've convinced myself that I'm going to buy one for myself in the next year. It is too awesome. If you go to my "shop" there, you'll see something that's a little more elaborate (filter adapter for Kodak Aero-Ektar). 3D printing is the bomb, and it will reshape our world, no hyperbole.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Have you checked out http://artisansasylum.com/

What material do you use for the boards? And here's a suggestion: Graflex XL focus ring.
    "Far more critical than what we know or do not know is what we do not want to know." - Eric Hoffer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Very cool. Ordering soon.

Great idea and execution!

Thanks!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy Moe View Post
    Very cool. Ordering soon.

Great idea and execution!

Thanks!
    Thanks, and like I say on the page, if you want any other hole size, you just contact me with the hole diameter (in millimeters) and I can have the appropriate model for order up in 10 minutes

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by rawhead View Post
    What I will tell you is this; it was easier for me to download Google Sketchup for free, design the board, and get Shapeways to make it, than for me to order a blank, buy some circular saw bits for my DeWalt or find someone who can do all of that for me, not to mention cheaper.
    I belong to that generation that first would grasp for their jigsaw.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I know this thread is a little old, but what material did you use to make the lens board? I am considering making one for the Busch Pressman.

Thanks,
    Rob
    My flickr stream

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by rbultman View Post
    I know this thread is a little old, but what material did you use to make the lens board? I am considering making one for the Busch Pressman.

Thanks,
    Rob
    I used the standard "black strong elastic" that Shapeways has. Alas, I found later that the material, at least at 1mm thickness, is not light-tight.

Shooter
    Instant Films
    Is there anyway you could design one of these for a 4x5 Speed Graphic? I've got a few non standard sized projector lenses I'm trying to use with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin