Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,953   Posts: 1,558,013   Online: 1132

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

FS Graflex 6x9 Roll Film Holder for 4x5

Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    6 x 9 provides a moderate amount of "shift" capability if you are shooting it, but printing to an 8x10 aspect ratio.
    I have a hard time "envisioning" printing 8x10 as I tend to frame for the frame... So I end up with stuff I HAVE to print 8x12 or the image doesn't work, that's why I'm hesitant about 6x9, ok much to think about

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    What's wrong with 8x12 inch prints? The 2:3 aspect ratio is beautiful... less boxy. Why force yourself into a format you don't prefer unless it's just an academic exercise?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The picture is what is important, not the format. If contact printing large format that may be different, however, editing with the enlarger has never prevented me from getting what I wanted. JMHO
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Old-N-Feeble View Post
    What's wrong with 8x12 inch prints? The 2:3 aspect ratio is beautiful... less boxy. Why force yourself into a format you don't prefer unless it's just an academic exercise?
    It's a price point factor honestly, if I can buy a nice pre-made frame, rather than a custom frame, that is preference at this stage in my game, it's the difference between $3 and $80 ... I buy old frames from Goodwill and repaint them and print for their side and they are all 8x10 ratio...

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    It's a price point factor honestly, if I can buy a nice pre-made frame, rather than a custom frame, that is preference at this stage in my game, it's the difference between $3 and $80 ... I buy old frames from Goodwill and repaint them and print for their side and they are all 8x10 ratio...

~Stone

Well, that makes fiscal sense... but I'll just do without frames.

Shooter
    Multi Format

I just measured the opening on this holder and it is closer to 6x8 than 6x9. The horseman holder that I had (sold yesterday) is a true 6x9. Graflex called this holder a RH8. I shot a lot of 6x7 (pentax 67) and liked the size of this negative in that I could use. a 6x7 negative carrier in most cases. Framing with a RFH is not as precise as an SLR like a Nikon's 100% viewfinder.

Stone, I take it that you no longer shoot 35 mm as that is a 2:3 image ratio like 6x9.

Thanks all for the lovely bump ;-) and this holder is still for sale!

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Ley View Post
    I just measured the opening on this holder and it is closer to 6x8 than 6x9. The horseman holder that I had (sold yesterday) is a true 6x9. Graflex called this holder a RH8. I shot a lot of 6x7 (pentax 67) and liked the size of this negative in that I could use. a 6x7 negative carrier in most cases. Framing with a RFH is not as precise as an SLR like a Nikon's 100% viewfinder.

Stone, I take it that you no longer shoot 35 mm as that is a 2:3 image ratio like 6x9.

Thanks all for the lovely bump ;-) and this holder is still for sale!
    Yea I haven't shot 35mm in a long time because if that, basically a year ago was the last time when I bought my Mamiya RZ67... Though I do shoot 35mm panoramics in my Mamiya 7 but you sort of plan for custom frames with panoramics...

Oh and experimenting with developers, when I'm experimenting
    with a new developer or cross process I shoot 35mm but don't plan to use that for print.

No I'll let someone else have it thanks.

And *bump*

~Stone

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin