Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,316   Posts: 1,536,711   Online: 956

Thread: FS: Leica IIIc

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

FS: Leica IIIc

For sale, a bargain Leica IIIc. I haven't used this camera in a couple of years so its time for it to go to a new home. Since then, the rangefinder has dimmed to the point where its virtually unusable. And, the slow speeds have gotten erratic to the point where its hit or miss whether they work. The speeds on the main dial still seem about right (not that I have any way to check). Chrome is pretty typical for a 1946 model - note the pitting and peeling. A previous owner (MP, it seems) decided to scratch his/her initials in the back of the upper plate as shown, and in a corresponding location on the lower one. Note the photos for the state of paint and finish. The sharkskin is in very nice shape, and RF seems to work accurately in so far as you can see it.

$150 shipped in CONUS.

More photos can be found on Flickr.

Thanks,
    Dan

IMG_8676 by Fotoguy20d, on Flickr

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I really love these cameras. I have a couple, and enjoy using them at least a few times a year.
    Now for the funny part: My wife who seems to like digital photography now, shot a digital pic of this camera with LTM Summicron 50mm, and had it tattooed on her forearm last summer.
    She's 72 years old. (or is that 72 years young?) Gotta love her!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    That's great. a IIIc was my first 35mm camera. They're a joy to use.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by agnosticnikon View Post
    I really love these cameras. I have a couple, and enjoy using them at least a few times a year.
    Now for the funny part: My wife who seems to like digital photography now, shot a digital pic of this camera with LTM Summicron 50mm, and had it tattooed on her forearm last summer.
    She's 72 years old. (or is that 72 years young?) Gotta love her!
    Now that's dedication for you.

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    still looking for a new home...

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Anyone?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Nobody wants a Leica?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I still have this camera and it still needs a new home. Offers?

Thanks,
    Dan

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin