Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,550   Posts: 1,544,841   Online: 1098

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pstake View Post
    It may behoove efforts to give some background, here, about what this project is.

I did a quick google and it looks like the money will go toward building a facility for a photographic workshop? I may be wrong about that ... not sure and certainly not trying to portray it as something it's not.

AND ... I just read the links Thomas posted. Don't mind me, folks. I'll be in the corner with the dunce's cap.

Here are those links, again.

You can see the thread here: http://www.apug.org/forums/forum162/...ckstarter.html
    Kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...-photostock-an
    It is for a building and the purpose is to build the professional capacity of the experience (darkroom, equipment for alt processes, etc.). I support this because it is FREE to register (you obviously pick up your own costs). If he was charging for it, I'd just say it was like any other business, but because it's free, and Bill is obviously putting a ridiculous amount of his own effort, resources and labour into it....I'm in!

I'll start a classified thread right away here.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    ....I actually changed my mind and I thought that someone who knows Bill should start the thread. I will add to it, but I felt it was a little inappropriate to set my own opinionated tone to the thread and maybe even misrepresent the project in some way. Any takers?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Jordan,

I wouldn't mind starting it, but somehow we'd have to come up with a way to link our efforts to the classifieds, where we're supposed to sell stuff.

What do you think would be a good solution for that? One thread to link together all of the items offered for sale to support Bill's project?

- Thomas
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thomas...

Yeah, that would probably be best. Maybe one of the moderators would make it a sticky for the next couple weeks until the kickstarter part of the fundraising ends?

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

FS: Print to help Bill Schwab Kickstarter

Ironical as it were... I had never heard of photostock before joining this forum, and even when seeing it, the name of it always made me think it was just another gathering of photography equipment sales guys selling the latest gear, I had never looked into it Because of the name, but now that I know I'm really interested, how exciting, and if its year round that would be great.

Glad to have learned something today...

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    What a stunning print!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thank you Pipyr!

It looks like this print has sold. Awaiting payment.
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

FS: Print to help Bill Schwab Kickstarter

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Bertilsson View Post
    Thank you Pipyr!

It looks like this print has sold. Awaiting payment.
    So was this shot on Tmax too? It still doesn't SUPER pop but certainly has more highlights and I think it's a nice image.

I just realized who you were. I'm glad this sold, it's a great cause.

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Stone,

I think it's safe to say our tastes are different. I personally enjoy a much more muted tonal palate than you do. My goal isn't to 'wow' but to present a bit of mood, mystery, and some subtle beauty.

What 'pops' in your opinion is much too high in contrast for my tastes. It's how we see things, I guess.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Paymen received. Sold to the first bidder.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin