Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,986   Posts: 1,524,000   Online: 834

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

FS: Print to help Bill Schwab Kickstarter

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Bertilsson View Post
    Stone,

I think it's safe to say our tastes are different. I personally enjoy a much more muted tonal palate than you do. My goal isn't to 'wow' but to present a bit of mood, mystery, and some subtle beauty.

What 'pops' in your opinion is much too high in contrast for my tastes. It's how we see things, I guess.
    I know that, I agree, I wasn't trying to say this image wasn't good, I like it even haha I was more curious if it was Tmax also is all. It's really tranquil.

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Great job T!!!
    Andy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Cool. No, that was Tri-X. But for the most part, my prints from either film look very similar tonality wise, the difference being mainly grain and sharpness, favoring Tri-X if you like grain or TMax if you dislike it.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    I know that, I agree, I wasn't trying to say this image wasn't good, I like it even haha I was more curious if it was Tmax also is all. It's really tranquil.

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by zsas View Post
    Great job T!!!
    Thanks, Andy.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Cool. No, that was Tri-X. But for the most part, my prints from either film look very similar tonality wise, the difference being mainly grain and sharpness, favoring Tri-X if you like grain or TMax if you dislike it.
    Thanks!
    Thanks, makes sense, especially combined with your developing techniques I'm sure you're able to match them really well.

~Stone

~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Ironical as it were... I had never heard of photostock before joining this forum, and even when seeing it, the name of it always made me think it was just another gathering of photography equipment sales guys selling the latest gear, I had never looked into it Because of the name, but now that I know I'm really interested, how exciting, and if its year round that would be great.

Glad to have learned something today...

~Stone

Hey being a bit slow myself, my girlfriend had to point out the Woodstock play on words. You've heard of Woodstock haven't you? Or maybe you're too young.

Roger

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks, makes sense, especially combined with your developing techniques I'm sure you're able to match them really well.
    It's kind of by necessity. My approach is to print nearly everything on the same paper. It's kind of like the bolt in the hole thing where if the bolt is the wrong size it's loose or it won't fit. Think of the paper as the hole and the negative the bolt. If the negative doesn't have the right tonality it won't fit very well with the paper's tonality. That's the whole idea behind getting the most out of a film - to tweak the exposure and film processing such that it gels very well with the paper. Simple idea, and I find it easier to start with the finished product and reverse engineer my work flow rather than trying to jam the tonality of a negative onto an array of papers. To know what to expect makes for a lot less frustration in the darkroom, and a lot less waste.
    Last edited by Thomas Bertilsson; 02-20-2013 at 04:51 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

It's kind of by necessity. My approach is to print nearly everything on the same paper. It's kind of like the bolt in the hole thing where if the bolt is the wrong size it's loose or it won't fit. Think of the paper as the hole and the negative the bolt. If the negative doesn't have the right tonality it won't fit very well with the paper's tonality. That's the whole idea behind getting the most out of a film - to tweak the exposure and film processing such that it gels very well with the paper. Simple idea, and I find it easier to start with the finished product and reverse engineer my work flow rather than trying to jam the tonality of a negative onto an array of papers. To know what to expect makes for a lot less frustration in the darkroom, and a lot less waste.
    Makes sense

~Stone

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Thoms View Post
    Hey being a bit slow myself, my girlfriend had to point out the Woodstock play on words. You've heard of Woodstock haven't you? Or maybe you're too young.

Roger
    I do know ABOUT Woodstock and have the original album on vinyl

But I did NOT get that reference, since there are "stock photo sites" I was inferring this was some kind of sales BS thing lol.

I get the reference now, but would never have thought of it without your girlfriends help haha.

~Stone

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thank you Pipyr!

It looks like this print has sold. Awaiting payment.
    now THAT's the best news i have heard in a long while,
    congratulations thomas ... great thing you are doing...

- J
    im empty, good luck

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin