Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,300   Posts: 1,535,826   Online: 787

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Nikon body and lenses...

Redoing my previous ad...

Nikon stuff...

1) 50mm f/2 Nikkor-H non-AI. Decent lens. Clean glass, good diaphragm. Focus feels good, maybe a bit dry and tight. Looks nice. $50 shipped CONUS

2) 80-200mm f/4.5 Nikkor non-AI. Again, decent lens. Average amount of internal dust on elements. Zoom ring is a little loose, but not terribly so. Doesn't slide downward all the time, but will do it from time to time. Like the other lenses, decent glass, good diaphragm. Does have an AI coupling prong on it, but is still with the original aperture ring. Can still be AI'd using factory parts from Pacific Rim Camera or KOH's Camera. $50 shipped CONUS

3) Chrome Nikomat FT2. Has FTn style nameplate with older font and all-metal self-timer and advance levers. Meter works well, shutter sounds good. Missing advance lever cap (looks like it broke off at one time or another), otherwise looks good. Eyepiece glass is present. Good foam. $60 shipped CONUS

4) Black Nikkormat FT2. Has the usual brassing, dings, etc, to be expected with a 35 year old camera that has seen regular use. Meter is decent, but needle can be made to jump by wiggling shutter speed ring. Doesn't jump when aperture ring is moved, though. Needs a serious refoam job. Shutter speeds sound normal. $45 shipped CONUS

Payment: I accept PayPal sent as a personal payment or USPS Money Orders.

Shipping: Items will be shipped via USPS Priority Mail. US buyers only.

-J
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0848.JPG   IMG_0849.JPG   IMG_0850.JPG   IMG_0851.JPG   IMG_0852.JPG  

IMG_0853.JPG   IMG_0854.JPG   IMG_0855.JPG   IMG_0856.JPG  
    APUG: F4, F3P, F2ASx2, F
    DPUG: D200
    Nikkors: 18-70/3.5-4.5G AF-S DX (f/D200), 24/2.8 AI, 50/1.4 AI, 50/2 H, 85/1.8 K, 105/4 Micro AIS, 180/2.8 ED AIS, 300/4.5 ED AI

My FB - My flickr stream
    My SmugMug

Shooter
    Multi Format
    notes
    #2, It is perfectly normal for the zoom ring to slide on its own if you point the lens up/down. That is how it is supposed to be, and makes it a very easy to use 1-ring zoom, especially for anything with action, like sports. GREAT lens. That was the lens that spoiled me for how smooth a zoom should be.

#3, As I understand it, Nikomat is the nameplate used for the cameras sold in Japan, in the US it is Nikkormat. Something about trademark in the US required the name change.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    #2 Yes, that's normal, but, some of the copies I've dealt with have been so loose that it would slide even when the lens was pointed downward at a 15 degree angle.

#3 Actually, it involves Zeiss-Ikon in Germany. They filed a lawsuit against Nikon, claiming trademark infringement, since Nikon sounded too much like "Ikon", and Nikomat was too close to "Ikomat" for their comfort. Hence the reason why Nikon F's were sold as Nikkor F's in Germany, and Nikkorex bodies were also sold as Nikkor bodies (the Nikkorex F became the Nikkor J - Nikkorex was too close to Icarex in their opinion). Nikkormat bodies sold there didn't have the "Nikon" inscription on the back of the camera, instead, only saying "JAPAN".

By the early 1970's, the lawsuit was either dropped, or Nikon paid whatever Zeiss-Ikon wanted, and Nikon was allowed to sell the F as a Nikon F in Germany. At the same time, the Nikkormat began being sold with the regular top covers that said "Nikon" next to the eyepiece. Happened at the same time as Nikon going from "Nippon Kogaku Japan" on their lenses to "Nikon".

-J

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I think the Nikomat/Nikkormat split is the same game the Nikon US importers have been trying to do for years -- preventing grey market imports to keep a high profit margin in the USA. The one Nikomat I used was bought at a military Post Exchange in Southeast Asia in the 1960's. Also, due to very high excise taxes on cameras in Japan, the domestic market camera packaging is very distinct from those "sold for export" to foreigners.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Black FT2 and 80-200 sold, pending payment. Chrome FT2 and 50/2 still available.

Re: Nikomat/Nikkormat - that would be true, if the Nikomat versions were sold in other countries. NikonUSA only started doing their stuff in the '80s, after Nikon took over EPOI. In any case, I wonder if we both owned the same body... I did have a chrome FTn with the <E-P> stamp in 2011. Serial was in the 42483xx range.

-J
    Nikkors: 18-70/3.5-4.5G AF-S DX (f/D200), 24/2.8 AI, 50/1.4 AI, 50/2 H, 85/1.8 K, 105/4 Micro AIS, 180/2.8 ED AIS, 300/4.5 ED AI

My FB - My flickr stream
    My SmugMug

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Still have this chrome FT2 with 50/2 Nikkor-H sitting on my desk. Just needs battery, and it's ready to go. Any takers?

-J

My FB - My flickr stream
    My SmugMug

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Does the mlu switch move easily?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Nikon_F View Post
    Actually, it involves Zeiss-Ikon in Germany. They filed a lawsuit against Nikon, claiming trademark infringement, since Nikon sounded too much like "Ikon
    Over here on Nikon advertisements, the I in Nikon is pronounced as in the word in. Makes more sense to me. I understand that people in different countries would have different pronunciations but it's strange that the company itself uses different pronunciations depending on where it is being sold.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pawlowski6132 View Post
    Does the mlu switch move easily?
    Yes, works fine. Unlike one that I owned in the '90s, which was stiff. Other than the missing cap on the advance lever, and the broken screw inside the advance shaft, the camera's in good working order. Only reason why I'm selling it is because I won an auction for an F2AS for $160 or so and need to come up with the funds to cover that purchase. Otherwise, I'd be out shooting with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post
    Over here on Nikon advertisements, the I in Nikon is pronounced as in the word in. Makes more sense to me. I understand that people in different countries would have different pronunciations but it's strange that the company itself uses different pronunciations depending on where it is being sold.

Steve.
    It all depends on the advertiser's dialect, it seems. In Japan, Nikon is pronounced with the i sounding like an "ee" sound and the o being the long o, not the short o. Here in the states, it's pronounced with the long i sound due to there being only one consonant between the two vowels. Unfortunately, when "Nikkormat" is pronounced how many say it, it begins sounding like a derogatory term for an African-American person with "mat" tacked onto the end. Same with "Nikkor".

-J

My FB - My flickr stream
    My SmugMug

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Chrome FT2 is off the market. Has developed an issue with its shutter in the 1/2-1 second range.. Lens still available, if wanted.

-J

My FB - My flickr stream
    My SmugMug

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin