I have for sale a good user Rolleicord Va Type 2... Some features of this camera include a sharp Schneider Xenar lens, aperture/shutter coupling with EV scale (aperture is adjustable in 1/3 stop click-stops), interchangeable frame counter (I believe for use with 35mm film adapter), and multiple exposure switch (lever with the red dot behind it).
- Shutter is working well at all speeds, 1s is slightly long, maybe 1.2s.
- Film transport working properly with good spacing.
- Taking lens does have some front scratches and internal haze when viewed with a strong light shining through (see picture). This looks worse than it is and has a negligible effect on image quality. I had sharp negatives with plenty of contrast with this camera.
- Focus is smooth.
- An aftermarket screen with split-image prism is installed - this makes focusing easy and the screen has a built-in fresnel lens which makes it overall much brighter and easier to compose with. Focus is accurate.
- Comes with a nice satin chrome lens cap and leather case. As with many of these, the case stitching is starting to come undone in places.
- Additional shutter release in the cable release socket, which makes the shutter release a lot smoother than using the cocking lever. This is one I made from parts of an old cable release, although Rollei also made an official version which you can find on ebay.
All in all, a nice, lightweight and compact TLR with good image quality.
I'm asking $140 plus shipping from Vancouver, Canada.
Paypal is gladly accepted, and I will cover the fees. PM me with any questions!