Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,700   Posts: 1,548,408   Online: 1057

Shooter
    Medium Format

[FS] Nikor Dev tank + 120 reel + 4x 35mm reels

As much as I think these things look & are cool, I'm a Jobo guy through and through, and hence they never get used. So they're yours if you can come up with $35 + shipping.

One thing, however, as you can see in the photo, one of the 35mm reel has a weird center "clip", that doesn't look like it'll actually work as a clip... really weird.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0790.JPG 
Views:	50 
Size:	308.4 KB 
ID:	64799

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0792.JPG 
Views:	48 
Size:	266.4 KB 
ID:	64800

Shooter
    35mm
    PM sent

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've been wondering about that 'center clip' and what it's for... I think it's so that you have something to push the film end against and thus not scratch the emulsion on the start of the roll. I don't find it's needed or even useful to secure the end of 120 anyway since it's so easy to reel. .

Robert J. Liebermann
    photos: http://rjl.us/photo
    Eureka Alaska/Vermillion Michigan USA

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Liebermann View Post
    I've been wondering about that 'center clip' and what it's for... I think it's so that you have something to push the film end against and thus not scratch the emulsion on the start of the roll. I don't find it's needed or even useful to secure the end of 120 anyway since it's so easy to reel. .

Yes, the clip is certainly for that; the thing about the "clip" in the 2nd photo is that, as you can see, the form really doesn't allow for any clipping :LOL:

Anyhoo, this tank is going to Peter PENDING PAYMENT....

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Peter came; Peter went. So did the tank and reels. SOLD, THANK YOU.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Regarding the mysterious center clip - this is the original Nikkor reel. What you see is not a clip, but a blocker that forces you to enter the end of the film in the right slot of 4 available. If you do this, it will load smoothly and easily onto the reel without the complication of clips.
    There are many folks out there who are on constant vigil for this kind of reel (they are hard to come by these days), and possibly why Mr. Simpson jumped on this. Good for him.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Cool!! It makes sense now Whatever the case, I'm just happy it'll get put to use. It was literally just sitting in the garage rotting away :-)

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin