Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,867   Posts: 1,583,202   Online: 872

Shooter
    35mm

FS: Olympus 35RC plus...

Have you received your income tax refund yet? Do you expect to get one? Did you recently win large on a scratch-off lottery ticket? Or did somebody give you some money for Christmas or Valentines or Ground Hog Day and you haven't found anything fun to spend it on yet?

Here's a very nice Olympus 35RC...I'm not the original owner, but this is one I've enjoyed for years. A few of the positives:
    The shutter speeds are fine.
    The aperture works fine, even on the automatic feature.
    Self-timer works fine.
    Lens is nice and clean.
    Meter works fine.
    Viewfinder/rangefinder is great...even in a dimly lit room, you can focus easily. Probably one of the best focusing rangefinders I've ever used.
    Focus is smooth and quick.
    I'll include a Vivitar UV-Haze filter...has a slight dent in the ring, but 43.5mm filters are not easy to locate.
    I'll include a lens cap (which works without the filter but not with it) and the hand strap.
    The camera has been completely re-sealed (including the sloped film canister retaining pad).
    And I'll include a battery adapter to let you use #675 hearing aid batteries...a $14 value just by itself. And yes, this adapter can be used in any camera that used the PX-13/PX-625 mercury batteries.

Also there are a couple of negatives you should know about:
    At some point the camera suffered a bit of damage on one corner (I've tried to show this in one of the images). Fortunately this isn't something you notice that much.
    There are some bright marks and a slight dimple on the bottom plate.
    Overall I'd say it showed average wear.

So, that's about all I can think of here. Many people consider this to be one of the best small rangefinders ever made. If you want one, I'd say this is a good chance for you to get one worth keeping. $70 plus actual cost of postage.

PayPal ok for international sales but check, cash or money order for US sales, please.

If questions, please let me know.
    Jon
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Oly 35RC front.jpg   Oly 35RC back.jpg   Oly 35RC bottom.jpg   Oly 35RC damage.jpg   Oly 35RC filter.jpg  

Oly 35RC seal 1.jpg   Oly 35RC seal 2.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Still available ... I sent a PM because I can't read very well. Sorry, Jon.
    Last edited by pstake; 03-05-2013 at 10:47 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    Not a problem at all, amigo. As I said, I was encouraged to hear you still had your groundhog day money. I used mine to buy a nice box of wine for my wife.
    Jon

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Oh man. Very temping, but I really don't need "Another" camera. Plus, you're local to me. must refrain!

Shooter
    35mm
    Aw, go ahead. Splurge a little bit. As Guy Lombardo and The Royal Canadians reminded us: "enjoy yourself...it's later than you think."
    Jon

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I splurge enough as it is... must... stop... buying gear...

Shooter
    35mm
    Okay, I understand. Here's something for free. Thanks to YouTube, you don't have to buy it...5 or 6 years before this camera debuted, a friend of mine (lived up the hill from me, actually) wrote and recorded this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGD3Ov8QkN4 Hopefully at least one of your feet will be tapping by about 18 seconds into it.
    Jon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hey can I get a copy of that 45 instead?
    - Derek
    [ Insert meaningless camera listing here ]

Shooter
    35mm
    Actually I believe somebody re-pressed about 4 or 500 copies of it a couple of years ago, but I have no idea how to get one. I might be talked into throwing in a 45 or two, though. Maybe something like "96 Tears" or "Needles and Pins-uh"...remember that one? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXYNHp19xok I always wondered if Sonny Bono wrote it that way or the lead singer for The Searchers tossed that extra syllable in for fun.
    Jon

Shooter
    35mm
    The 35RC is gone. On its way a bit north of here.

Jon

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin