Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,583   Posts: 1,545,784   Online: 1025

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format

FS: Kodak and Agfa 35mm film

For Sale: various 35mm roll film. $45, USPS Priority mail shipping included.

To my deep regret my favorite 35mm camera suffered an un-repairable fault earlier last week. I found myself at a crossroads. I rarely use 35mm film anymore as all of my work has been in medium format and large format for many years now. Replacing the 35mm camera wouldn't change my work habits, so after decades of 35mm use I've decided to let that kit go. All that's left is the film I have in the refrigerator.

So for sale is my modest supply of 35mm black and white and color reversal film. One roll of color reversal (slide film) Kodak Elite 100, 36 exposure. Expired in June 2012. Two rolls of black and white Kodak Plus-X, 24 exposure. Expired in December 2012. Lastly two rolls of black and white Agfa APX 25. Expired in July 2004.

All boxes are still factory sealed. This film has been kept cold in the freezer and refrigerator all its life. It is expired, yet because of the low ISO and cold storage I have no doubts that they're still fine.

The APX in particular is amazing stuff. Prints I've made in my darkroom from this film are phenomenal. It's 35mm, but it looks like large format! I had always hoped to find a suitable and worthy subject to use my last two rolls on yet that perfect subject just didn't materialize. Hopefully someone else here can put it to good use.

I want to sell this film as a single lot. Please, don't ask if I'll sell just a single roll. I'd rather get it all done in one sale.

Check or money order only. No PayPal. Please contact me here or by PM.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 35mm.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sorry to hear about your camera. What is it? Are you sure it's irreparable? There might be some folks here who can assist, donate a parts body, etc.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Thanks Nick, but I'm sure the camera was a goner. Minolta Maxxum 7, bought it brand new many, many moons ago. Always been a Minolta guy since the manual focus days. It was my last and best 35mm camera. The aperture control mechanism inside the lensmount broke. I nearly cried. Because it's electronic (and as Minolta only makes office copiers now) nobody I contacted would even look at repairing my camera. Maybe if it had been another brand, but not mine.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    http://www.garryscamera.com/

Garry's fixed mine about a year ago...what did you want for the film?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Thanks for that link phirehouse. Wish I would have seen it last week. Never came up in any of my web searches.

I'd like $45 for the film, USPS Priority mail shipping is already included in my asking price.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'd love that APX, shame it's overseas.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by konakoa View Post
    Thanks for that link phirehouse. Wish I would have seen it last week. Never came up in any of my web searches.

I'd like $45 for the film, USPS Priority mail shipping is already included in my asking price.
    Why don't you make a project out of the film? cut strips and shoot it in a LF back

Or better yet, get some quarters and wedge the top and bottom and use it in a 220 back and shoot some panoramics.... just open the back in the darkroom to load it in the tank

Shooter
    Large Format
    Tony, we can work something out for the lot if you'd like it. I've happily shipped to and ordered stuff from Oz before.

Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Why don't you make a project out of the film? cut strips and shoot it in a LF back
    Actually, I have done exactly that. Reloaded 35mm Tri-X into the backing paper of an empty 120 roll. Stuck it in my 6x12 panoramic back and shot it like a regular roll of 120 film. It made some interesting photos; gaping black sprocket holes, edge printing and all. The fun part was trying to guess where the actual image would be for framing.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Hey, if you'd like to trade for some 120...

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum380/...ld-camera.html

The portra is probably all gone (waiting on a reply) but most of the fuji stuff is available (and tested if you look down the page a few lines).

Shooter
    Large Format
    Thanks for the offer Stone, yet when it comes to color film I've always been a color reversal guy. Love those chromes on a light box. I don't think I've ever completely recovered from years of horrid one hour minilabs to go back to shooting color negative again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin