Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,910   Posts: 1,556,221   Online: 985

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by nicholai View Post
    I want to buy this, but i'm a bit confused: "$45 shipped CONUS, $45 plus actual shipping elsewhere." <- so non-americans pay more, for what reason?
    In the US the postman will collect internal US post from your house/mailbox so you don't have to leave home. International mail has to be taken to a Post Office and costs more. I post things quite frequently and the fuel/time going to a Post Office adds up quite quickly, cold engine/short journeys

It's quite usual to have to pay more for shipping to Europe but then the value of these items is higher in Europe as well so we don't really lose out. I've just bought something from antony and I thought the shipping cost was fair.

Ian

Shooter
    127 Format
    Images
    Shipping within the United States for small/light items like this can be $5-10, even across the country. As soon as it crosses a border, it's $24 at a minimum and even more if going somewhere other than EU. Quite a few won't even ship outside of CONUS for this reason, or because of the extra hassles in shipping it out (customs form, declaring a value, tracking # issues, etc).

I'm curious to see what this shoots like now, so I'm retracting the ad for the time being. After making some images, I will decide if I prefer the look over the uncoated B&L Tessar mentioned earlier sell whichever I'm not as fond of. Thanks all for the information!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I was joking a bit, i sense you might not have gotten it... Since shipping is included in the original price, it seemed the price for the product was higher for non-us costumers, as the original shipping cost wasnt deducted. I understand that shipping is more expensive. :P
    Nicholai Nissen
    Kolding, Denmark
    nicholainissen@gmail.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin