Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,691   Posts: 1,548,919   Online: 790

Shooter
    Medium Format

For sale.... Rodenstock Sironar N 240mm f5.6

Another great big lens.... the Rodenstock 240mm Sironar N f5.6..... big coverage and the lens is in perfect shape/perfect glass. 9/10 at least... comes without linhof board shown unless you need it and want to give another $25..... price is $400US plus shipping /insurance mailed from Canada plus paypal cost.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails rz 240, 450-38.jpg   rz 240, 450-39.jpg   rz 240, 450-41.jpg   rz 240, 450-42.jpg  

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

For sale.... Rodenstock Sironar N 240mm f5.6

I have a dumb question.

The MM that is listed on LF lenses, how is it derived? Like, there's 4x5, 8x10, 20x24 ... Etc in between those etc, so how do you determine for one if the lens will Cover the surface area. And two what the view would be like when you imagine which lens focal legnth to use? Can you use this lens on all LF sizes or only some, and how do you figure that out?

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    http://www.largeformatphotography.info/lenses/

There's a link with info comparing many large format lenses.

It gives the coverage circles for all potential formats for each lens also.

The MM is merely the focal length. 'Coverage' on the film plane is a separate spec.
    Inspecting the charts at the above site will help 'get your head around it'.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin