Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,496   Posts: 1,543,051   Online: 1019

Shooter
    Multi Format

FS: Logan Simplex Plus 750 - 40" Mat Cutter Like New

For Sale: Logan Simplex Plus 750 - 40" Mat Cutter Like New

$200 Plus Actual Shipping Costs:

Contact me with your zip code to receive quote for actual shipping charges. The item is fairly large so I am inclined to limit sale to US Domestic, however if you are International contact me.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4217a.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	179.1 KB 
ID:	65890Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4218a.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	204.5 KB 
ID:	65891Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4222a.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	218.2 KB 
ID:	65892Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4225a.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	241.9 KB 
ID:	65893

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have had a Logan Simplex 700SGM, the predecessor model to this one, for 18 years, and it still cuts the most perfect mats. I get better mats from it than I got from frame shops! $200 is an incredibly good price; I'd buy it if I didn't already have mine. This is the best mat cutter made for home use, in my opinion.
    Chris Crawford
    Fine Art Photography of Indiana and other places no one else photographs.

http://www.chriscrawfordphoto.com

My Tested Developing Times with the films and developers I use

Become a fan of my work on Facebook

Fort Wayne, Indiana

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Chris, yes I agree the quality is excellent. This has unfortunately seen very little use!

Yes, but one would have to cut alot of mats to justify the price of a dedicated mat cutter of ANY brand. I am NOT saying that the Logan cutter isn't great, or that the price isn't fair. Nor am I criticizing or demeaning any here who actually enjoy cutting their own mats, and find the effort rewarding. Please, my comments are not posted to be arbitrary or unpleasant in any way.

Thus, I am asking that if one regularly prints to/on a given size paper and uses an overmat with the same borders all of the time, then purchasing pre cut mats can be a great savings of time. Obviously one does give up the ability to customize the mats and windows according to the size of the print-IF one varies the size of the print.

So....once again, seriously asked without ANY rancor and meant as a question: What IS the advantage of cutting one's own mats and over mats if one always prints on the same sized paper and uses over mats with windows of the same size?

Elliot

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I frequently need custom sizes for my mats.

I try to never let the size and shape of a mat window dictate how I present my work.

And for me here in Canada, there is a real saving compared to pre-cut mats.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I usually avoid discussing stuff on for-sale ad but in this case I make an exception as it has already turned into a discussion thread.

This is a great thing to have for those who need to cut their own mat. Even if you don't (have to), it doesn't take long to make it a worth while investment. A full size sheet costs about 12 dollars. A window cut 16x20 mat costs about the same if you have someone cut it for you. If you do it yourself, you can get FOUR for price of one. Personally, I standardized on few colors but my sizes vary a bit. So I just order a bunch of sheets and cut them myself. In about a year, I saved enough to pay for the cutter.

I apologize to OP for intruding on his for-sale ad.
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Shooter
    Multi Format

Thanks for the comments but this is a For Sale thread. Cutting your own mats may not be for everyone, just like developing your own film or printing in the darkroom doesn't appeal to some.

This is a thread offering for sale a quality item at what I believe is a pretty fair price.

Thanks for looking.

As Charlie has pointed out this is a "For Sale" thread; I am sorry to have intruded. My apologies to you Charlie.

Nevertheless, thanks for the informative and friendly responses. Perhaps I should rethink the issue of cutting mats and windows!

Elliot

Shooter
    Multi Format

No worries guys. Thanks.

SOLD

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin