Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,693   Posts: 1,548,966   Online: 793

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format

Contents Of My "Dead TLR" Drawer. Two Yashicas and a 'Cord

As the ad title says, I have some TLRs in various stages of malfunction up for sale. I thought long and hard about how to price these, and I think the prices I came up with are fair. That said, the prices listed are firm so I am not accepting offers at this time. And that said, since the cameras are dead, they're being sold as-is with no returns. Please read the descriptions...

First is my beautiful Yashica 12. This camera at least needs a shutter cla as the shutter will not fire, you can see the oil on the blades in one of the pictures. This is one of my all-time favorite TLRs and IMO the best of the Yashica reflexes. I think the 12's are way nicer than the 124G because there's not as much plastic. The 12 will only take 120 film, but folks don't shoot much 220 these days anyway. This camera was my main camera back in the day, the last time I used it was when mercury batteries were still available for the meter. That's probably why the shutter's all gummed up! The cds meter turns on by opening the hood and it still seems reasonably accurate, I tried it with a CHRIS adapter and a 386 battery- not included, you will have to find your own mercury battery solution (I think member Jon Goodman sells battery adapters). Focus is silky smooth, as is the wind lever action. The Yashinon glass looks clean and clear with no separation, there is dust on the mirror or behind the viewing lens, the cla should take care of that. The viewfinder is bright enough and has a grid screen. It comes with the case, which I didn't use much because the front kept falling off when I opened it- not cool. This 12 will be a really nice camera after being brought back to life with a cla, and they are getting quite hard to find. $95. plus actual shipping and insurance.

Next is a Yashica Mat (not the 124 or 124G... just Yashica Mat) No meter. I used this camera along with the 12 but not as much. It suffers from the same stuck shutter syndrome as the above camera so a cla is in order. The Yashinon glass is clean and clear, no separation. The viewing lens and finder are very clean. Not as nice cosmetically, as some leatherette is coming up in the front, but that will have to be removed for the servicing anyway. The wind and focus are very smooth. I'm not sure if the plastic latch dial on the bottom is a replacement. There is a case with this one too. $55. plus actual shipping and insurance.

And last, and definitely least is a very very ugly Rolleicord Vb s/n 2620612. Did I say ugly? This camera may be beyond help- it looks like Mike Kovack used it to beat up some bad guys in an episode of "Man With A Camera". I'm thinking someone may be able to glean some parts off of it- but that is all. The removable finder-hood opens fine and lies almost flat- but not quite. the split image focusing screen is decent. The back has a rather nasty dent on the corner and will not stay on the camera well. The glass seems a little hazy, with cleaning marks but I don't see any separation. Some of the screwheads are chewed up and the shutter release/cocking arm is broken. At least the focus cranks in and out smoothly. Needless to say, the shutter doesn't work at all. I have no idea what happened to this 'cord and I'd be afraid to find out. For its parts or doorstop value alone, $40. plus shipping.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Yashica12-_0003.JPG   Yashica12-_0004.JPG   Yashica12-_0001.JPG   Yashica12-_0005.JPG   Y-Mat_0001.JPG  

Y-Mat_0005.JPG   Y-Mat_0004.JPG   Y-Mat_0006.JPG   VB_0001.JPG   VB_0002.JPG  

VB_0003.JPG   VB_0005.JPG  
    Last edited by jimrohrer; 03-21-2013 at 01:41 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    On the Yashicas, email Mark Hama. He buys them all the time to use for parts in the ones he fixes.
    flickr.com/danfogel
    Leica M2, Olympus 35RC, Olympus 35EC, Olympus Trip 35

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Dan, I was kind of hoping someone would take the Yashicas to Mark Hama for service to keep them going, not just for parts, they're too nice. The Rolleicord is another story all together!

Shooter
    35mm
    PM sent for Rollei

Karl

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Rolleicord on hold- Pending payment

Shooter
    35mm
    PM sent on the 'Mat

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The Yashica Mat is sold, the 12 is still available

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The 'cord and the 'Mat are sold! The Yashica 12 is still available

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    pm sent yashica12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The Yashica 12 is still available

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin