Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,827   Posts: 1,582,062   Online: 811

Shooter
    Multi Format

F/S Nikon F2 body

My first time listing in the classifieds. I have bought and sold over at the Large Format Photography Forum for years (user ID - Randy) and on ebay for many years (user ID - ransel).

Anyway, selling some gear for a long time photography buddy. He has pretty much gone all digital.

F2 Body in very good condition. Shutter works great, very few use marks, the only sign of being bumped is a very, very slight shallow 2-3mm dent on the left side of the prism finder and a 1mm scratch in the black paint on the finder near the dent. Don't know if it is visible in any of the pics. Leatherette is like new and no brassing or paint loss that I can see anywhere on the camera.

The problems:

1 - The meter needle is erratic. As I was adjusting the aperture the needle was jumpy. I don't know if this is due to lack of use (camera has sat for a few years) but I don't know if I would trust it until doing some testing.

2 - The prism finder removal lever that is on the right side of the prism (that black lever you turn to remove the meter) is broken off. I think you can still remove the prism by the use of a small screwdriver, used to turn the screw where the lever mounts (see pic).

3 - Probably needs new mirror damping foam. Not sure about the film door seals. They may be OK.

Other than that, the camera looks and operates just fine. Including the black leather case in nice condition.

$160 - We will absorb shipping and paypal fees in the US. Will ship outside US at cost.

Pics can be seen here

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I don't need another F2 but the great thing about buying on this forum is the accurate and knowledgeable descriptions of the gear...makes a nice change! Good luck with the sale...good price.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Regarding the erratic meter needle swings, it may be that a simple cleaning of the ring resistor may be sufficient. Especially if the camera has not been used for a while. This part is located inside the black DP1 meter housing and looks like this:

Full view

Detail view

It's those tiny little metallic bands that pick up the gunk over time. I had the ring resistor in an identical DP1 cleaned years ago and it continues to work perfectly to this day. It's not a big deal to have this done.

Beautiful camera. Excellent price. Good luck with your sale.

Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Like you Tony, I don't need another F2. I have had mine since 1982. I want another, but don't need one.

Ken, I'll have to take a look. What it does is the needle jumps when I move the aperture to around f/5.6. Seems to work fine at the other f/stops. Kind of afraid to take the prism finder apart though. I am pretty good at getting things apart, one of the best actually. It's the second half of the process that I suck at.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Hmmm, that might be gunk in the meter coupling linkage. 5.6 is where it sometimes binds on certain DP-1/2/3 finders. It's definitely not as smooth in operation as the DP-11/12 finders with their AI coupling.

-J
    APUG: F2AS x2, F, FM2n, Nikomat FTn
    DPUG: D200
    Nikkors: 18-70/3.5-4.5G AF-S DX (f/D200), 20/3.5 UD, 24/2.8 AI, 50/2 AI, 50/1.4 AI, 50/1.4 S, 55/2.8 Micro AIS, 85/1.8 K, 135/3.5 QC

My FB - My flickr stream
    My SmugMug

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Will try a price reduction - $135 shipped in the US.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    How about $100 shipped in the US - or PM me with an offer.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin