Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,524   Posts: 1,543,876   Online: 934

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan

FS Contax 35 - 70 f3.4 vario sonnar lens Exc +++ condition £270

For sale is my Contax 35 - 70 Vario Sonnar lens in Exc +++ condition. The glass is clean and has no marks or fungus etc. The metal barrel has no marks on it. The rubber focusing ring shows minor signs of wear, with a few small minor marks on it. The focusing is smooth (the design of the lens is that when you move it into macro mode (which you do at the 35mm setting), it becomes a bit stiffer). It comes with the original front and rear lens caps but not the

It is an extremely sharp lens with beautiful zeiss micro contrast. See the David Clapp review on his website and other comments on the Fred Miranda website. Stopped down to f4, it is very sharp to the corners on my Canon 5diii.

I am reluctantly selling it to fund the new canon 24-70ii lens.

I am selling a few accessories seperately. The buyer of the lens will have first option on these.

I am selling seperately a chipped Kindai Contax - Canon adapter (shown in the photographs) for £30. These are about £130 new. I got it with the lens when I bought it. The adapter works beautifully on my Canon 5D and the previous owner told me it worked fine on his Canon 1Dsiii but the chip gives an error message on the new 5D iii. This is a problem with a number of adapter chips on the 5Diii. I understand that it is not a problem with the older 5Dii. but you would need to check.

I have a unchipped Contax Canon adapter which I bought from SRB Griturn (as recommended by David Clapp) which works fine and gives infinity focus. This is £10.

I also have (not shown in the photo) a B&W 010 UV Haze MRC 67mm filter in mint - condition for £10.

I live in Stanmore, North West London. You can view or pick up from my house. Postage by Special Delivery in the UK is £10. Postage outside of the UK will be approximately £20. Postage outside the UK will be by Royal Mail, International Signed for or Airsure (tracked), where available. I accept paypal.

I have sold a lot of equipment on APUG and the Large Format Photography website and I can refer you to positive feedback. If you are not happy with the lens for any reason, please notify me within 10 days and return it to me by insured, tracked post within 7 days of notifying me and I will refund the purchase price, less shipping costs.

Regards

David
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails contax front.JPG   contax other side.JPG   contax all.JPG   _D1A4914.JPG  

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi David,

i would be very interested in this. I live in north London in queens park. Let me know if you'd be around this Tuesday or wednesday evening to meet up.

thanks
    simon

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    PM sent

Regards

David

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    The lens is now sold. Thanks for the interest.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin