Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,940   Posts: 1,557,458   Online: 869

Shooter
    Multi Format

FS Calumet 8 X 10 C1 wire dark cloth holder

I always wanted the original wire dark cloth holder that came as original equipment with Calumet's 8 X 10 C1 camera. Seemed like a great idea. I bought a couple cameras, but never found an original C1 wire dark cloth holder. Finally after I made a couple, I bought one here. Same thing.

So I listed it for sale this week with a C1 camera, right here on APUG and LFF. I got a PM from a LFF member and he wants one. So I made another and yesterday I shipped a C1 camera with one replica and another one by it's self.

To make a long story short, I will be selling these until demand is satisfied.

Made by me, in my darkroom of stainless 304 steel.

$30 delivered CONUS only

It also fits 50's to 70's Linhof Kardan Color, front and rear frames for use as a lens shade or dark cloth holder.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN2094.JPG 
Views:	46 
Size:	360.8 KB 
ID:	66566Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN2093.JPG 
Views:	47 
Size:	213.1 KB 
ID:	66567Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN2084.JPG 
Views:	44 
Size:	131.4 KB 
ID:	66568Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN2086.JPG 
Views:	36 
Size:	95.1 KB 
ID:	66569

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I also bought an original one from the same person here. I only got it because it was the last C1 camera accessory (except for the case) that I did not have. I thought it would be cool to own a full and complete kit. Kind of like filling in the final empty corner in a room.

Then I actually tried it out...

Hey! Wait a minute! This thing is really useful! I mean, REALLY useful. Like, I should have gotten one of these years ago for this camera. What was I thinking?

Good luck with your sales.

Ken

(No connection with Randy whatsoever...)
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks for the bump Ken!

They are useful and hard to find. I also really like using it for a dark cloth holder and a lens shade on my big Linhof's. Those old Linhof's make a C1 look like a small camera!

Last summer I bought a C1 from KEH, a very good deal, but no included wire form. Not 2 weeks later they offered one with 4 of the wire dark cloth holders. I was so upset, I called KEH and asked, WHY?

Of course their reply was they sell in lots, as they come in.

I still buy and sell with KEH!

Thanks Ken

Shooter
    Multi Format
    At the moment all inventory is sold, fresh material, stainless steel wire, is on it's way.

Production will not be delayed!

Thanks for the sales. Shipping will keep USPS working. I think they are delivering packages faster than letters! I did write a letter 3 weeks ago, no reply.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin