Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,946   Posts: 1,585,883   Online: 1049

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Nikon S3 body + 2 lenses kit (one lens being the RARE 5cm 1.5 Nikkor in s-mount)

Nikon S3 body w/ 2 lenses, the 3.5cm f/2.5 W-Nikkor and the UBER RARE, 5cm 1.5(pre-cursor to the Nikkor 1.4).

About 800 or so of these Nikkor 1.5's were made approximately. 500 give or take of those were in S-mounts, the remaining 300 or so in LTM mount.
    Check out some more in-depth info at the cameraquest(steve gandy's) website:
    http://www.cameraquest.com/5015.htm

The S3 body shows some wear, some scratching on the top plate near the hot shoe. Bottom plate on the left side(rewind fork side) has a ding/bulge in it showing impact.
    Functions fine. I've shot with this, but honestly, get more enjoyment out of my Nikon F4 kit for 35mm shooting.
    PC port works fine. Hotshoe is untested due to not having the appropriate 22.5v battery for the BC-5 flash.

Included in this "kit" as shown:
    1. Nikon S3 body (serial #6305068)
    2. Nikkor-S.C. 5cm f/1.5 (serial # 907150) w/ 40.5mm-->Series 6 step up ring w/ Harrison Skylight filter
    3. W-Nikkor 3.5cm f/2.5 (serial # 265856) w/ Walz UV filter installed + Leitz hard leather snap case
    4. 2-part leather case for S3 body w/ strap
    5. Nikon BC-5 folding flash w/ (1) unshot P25 Sylvania flashbulb *has leather case*

Please see the two videos(links below) to show everything in greater detail.

Looking for $3500 OBO shipped worldwide for the kit.
    Hard to price this since I haven't seen one for sale recently in an S-mount. One(an LTM mount) sold back in February on e**y, check the completed listings.
    If you're a Nikon S/S2/S3/SP shooter, here's your chance to grab a "rare bird" for your collection
    Paypal if we split the fees 50/50, otherwise USPS Money Orders, cash in-person if you're local to LA(I'm willing to drive 50mi or so to meet someone).

3% to help APUG if it sells here thru the forum.

video #1(showing the kit and all included pieces):

http://youtu.be/Mp7n_tdqaZw

video #2(showing Nikon 5cm 1.5 in greater, close-up detail):

http://youtu.be/twrjKeAyF9s

more pictures of everything, showing details of dings/scratches, etc...

http://s1286.photobucket.com/user/ac...cm%20f15%20kit

I'm totally open to talking over the phone with anyone who's interested in this kit.
    Please send me a PM with your contact info and location/best time to call. I'll make a point to get in touch with you a.s.a.p.
    I can talk via G-chat, skype or regular ol landline, your preference!

thx,
    Dan

Shooter
    35mm
    You made me spit out my coffee!

I admit to watching the videos despite having around $10 to my name.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    is that a good thing? can't tell or not

This pricepoint was a "starting" point reference at the rec of a friend, I don't know if there's a "compiled list" of going-rate price-wise on these lenses when they sell?

At the current rate of interest, I'll probably have it still this weekend (and its currently loaded with some Portra 400NC )
    If any LA/so-cal locals want to see it in-person, I'm planning to be at the camera show this upcoming weekend in West Covina, I can bring it with me:

http://www.bargaincamerashows.com/

cheers,
    Dan
    Last edited by DanielStone; 04-01-2013 at 11:57 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    I just meant it's an amazing kit and will make someone very happy.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well the images its made me thus far I've been VERY happy with, and if I didn't have some bills(and taxes, GRRRRR) to pay off(not as many write-off's this past year!), I'd be keeping it just for collectible value(and rarity)...

here's a self-portrait from the other day, not to be egotistic or anything, but I'm a "greys" man, I love me midtones!:

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    any takers @ $2800 + shipping by chance?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    ***SOLD locally/offline***

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin