Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,702   Posts: 1,548,440   Online: 1007

Shooter
    Multi Format

FS: Rittreck View w/ 4x5 back

Rittreck 5x7 with 4x5 back
    $525 or best reasonable offer, plus shipping

This is a Japanese made 5x7 camera body with the original 4x5 back. It's the Rittreck view, made after Rittreck was bought by Wista.

All metal construction, it's built like a tank. It's in used but not abused condition. When I got it, it was pretty filthy from how it had been stored, but it cleaned up well, and the bellows is in good usable condition with no patch-ups. There was some flocking -- light-trap material -- that had turned to goo, and I replaced that, and the whole system is light-tight.

I prefer this camera over the Linhof, because it's just as sturdy and the movements are easier to use.

It has front swings and tilts, and rear swings and tilts and rear shift. I've done my best to illustrate the movements in the photos.

The back is a spring back, with the ability to lift the levers to remove the ground glass panel. It revolves 360 degrees.

I believe this is the original bellows. I decided not to replace the bellows because I believe they have some life left in them. However, I can replace the bellows for an additional $150 (includes cost of bellows and installation). However, this will take a few days (removing old adhesive from the camera body can take awhile) and so delay shipping.

I believe I'm asking a fair price for the camera, but the words "or best reasonable offer" mean what they say!

The camera weighs 9 lbs 2 oz, so I expect shipping weight would be about 10-1/2 pounds, from Zip Code 90027.

Pictures:

Shooter
    Multi Format
    thats a pretty camera

Shooter
    Multi Format
    PRICE REDUCED: $495 or best reasonable offer

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Do you have the 5x7 back for it as well as the 4x5? What is the length of bellows extension on this camera please?
    Sam H.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    SOLD

Re the above question: The max extension is about 17".

Stay tuned, I'll probably offer up another one of these for sale, once I'm done working on it. 5x7 back is possible; I'll post when it's ready with details.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin