Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,216   Posts: 1,532,128   Online: 1039

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks for all the comments. The CLA was done by my local tech in Pasadena (Whilton Camera Service). The turnaround time was about a week, but he was busy with some other stuff of mine at the same time. I've never understood the whole mystique around Henry Scherer - the late model Contax's are no big deal to get CLA'd. Of course if one needs parts that can be an issue (as with any old camera).

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Your welcome Lee ....wow 5 years.... I have 2 HS cameras both mint and although I would NOT wait that long my 2 are like using a brand new Contax.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by davela View Post
    Thanks for all the comments. The CLA was done by my local tech in Pasadena (Whilton Camera Service). The turnaround time was about a week, but he was busy with some other stuff of mine at the same time. I've never understood the whole mystique around Henry Scherer - the late model Contax's are no big deal to get CLA'd. Of course if one needs parts that can be an issue (as with any old camera).
    Have you handled one that HS has done? Its more refurbished than CLA'd And to my knowledge he is the only guy who can replace the meter cell which he did on my IIIa. Believe me he's special but again I wouldnt wait for years I'm getting too old.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Contax IIIa - CLA - Working Meter - Beautiful Camera

Quote Originally Posted by ray*j*gun View Post
    Have you handled one that HS has done? Its more refurbished than CLA'd And to my knowledge he is the only guy who can replace the meter cell which he did on my IIIa. Believe me he's special but again I wouldnt wait for years I'm getting too old.
    My understanding is Harry takes them completely apart, and practically does an entire rebuild. Overkill? Perhaps. But I'm on his list for my IIIa color dial. Looks like I've got about 4+ years to wait though...

That said I'm tempted by Dave's one here. Fully CLA'd and with Dave's fabulous reputation it's a good buy. Unfortunately my attempt to convince my wife that another Contax body is needed (honey, but this one is a black dial!) falls kinda flat....
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Shooter
    35mm
    OK, just to make this all more interesting I'm cutting the price. Now $285 plus insured shipping.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    D'OH!

Still resisting...hopefully.

Looking for anything trade-wise?

Shooter
    35mm
    Just sold on RFF

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin