Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,222   Posts: 1,532,361   Online: 1120

Shooter
    Multi Format

FS: Deardorff 8X10 w/Nikkor 450mm and accessory 4x5 Back

I am listing for sale my Deardorff V8 (serial #945). I believe that this camera was originally manufactured for the US Military, as it uses square-cornered lens boards. Included with the camera is one NOS 6" board that adapts 3.5" round-cornered Deardorff boards to this setup. This board is undrilled. Also included is one non-Deardorff board which accepts metal Canham boards (attached to the Nikkor. This camera is in great user condition, exhibiting the typical finish scratches of 50-plus years of loving use. Joints of the base are solid. Plating of the metal hardware is mostly intact, with a bit of tarnish beginning to show, particularly on the front name plate. All movements function smoothly and all locking knobs are intact and positive. Bellows and handle have been replaced prior to my purchase of the camera (1997). Bellows appears to be in near-new condition with no pinholes, light leaks, or repairs. The glass of the 8x10 back and the 4x5 back are original Deardorff glass, although the original lacquer lines of the 8x10 glass have been mostly removed by inadvertent cleaning. The original base plate was modified slightly to adapt a quick-release plate to the camera. A brand new base plate will be included with the sale. (This new Deardorff plate (not NOS) accepts both 3/8" and 1/4" tripod mounts, but the wooden camera base will need to be altered slightly use it.

The Nikkor 450mm is in excellent to mint condition. Glass and shutter Copal 3 are flawless.

As I will have no use for film holders, I will include 7 Fidelity holders in good condition with the sale of the camera.

Asking $2400.00 + shipping for the camera, 2 backs, Nikkor lens, and new base plate.

Please inquire with questions or other considerations. Thank you

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nikkor450.jpg 
Views:	173 
Size:	253.4 KB 
ID:	66945Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Base.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	262.6 KB 
ID:	66944Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Deardorff_1.jpg 
Views:	175 
Size:	233.4 KB 
ID:	66941Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BlankLensBoard.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	196.9 KB 
ID:	66942Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4x5Back.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	203.5 KB 
ID:	66943

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Asking price is being reduced to $2100. Thank you for looking

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I would dearly love to get this camera, but things don't always work out. Awesome camera!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Bump

Shooter
    Multi Format

Deardorff Camera Price Reduction

Bump.

Last chance to acquire a very solid Deardorff V8 and have 2% of the sale contributed to APUG. Price for the entire system as presented in the first post of this thread is being reduced to $1800.00. If anyone is interested in purchasing a portion of the system, the prices are as follows: 1) Deardorff V8 with 8x10 and 4x5 back, one NOS lens board and one custom board adapted for Canham metal boards (includes one blank Canham board)...$1450.00 (This will also include the new Deardorff bedplate) 2)Nikkor 450mm lens in excellent to mint condition...$550.00 This lens is a very large coverage lens and can be used on ULF cameras as well. Coverage details are readily available online. 3) 7 Fidelity Elite plastic 8x10 film holders, all in very good condition...$200.00. Buyer to cover shipping.

Thank you for looking

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hello gbakr,
    I would like to purchase the 7 Fidelity Elite DDSs at $200.
    PayPal ok for transfer? Please confirm postage to UK.
    Thank-you
    John

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hi gbakr, please check your pm's... I sent one concerning the holders.

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Sent a private message last night at 11:47pm about the film holders. Crossing my fingers I was the first.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Deardorff V8 and all accessories are sold. Thank you for your interest.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin