Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,968   Posts: 1,523,398   Online: 1155

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

FS: Nikon 45mm 2.8 GN lens

Selling a few more bits I've found.

Nikon 45mm f/ 2.8 GN pancake lens. Near mint, clean and clear glass, great shape. Serial # 718xxx $140

This is a Non AI lens, as you can see from the serial number, and comes with it's own Nikkor bubble.

Shipping is extra, paypal or money order preferred.

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Blog Entries
    Images
    If this is the lens that came with the Nikon FM3a I can recommend this lens. Very small and it's a beauty.
    "Have fun and catch that light beam!"
    Bert from Holland
    my blog: http://thetoadmen.blogspot.nl
    my Linkedin pinhole group: http://tinyurl.com/pinholegroup

* I'm an analogue enthusiast, trying not to fall into the digital abyss.
    * My favorite cameras: Hasselblad SWC, Leica SL, Leica M7, Russian FKD 18x24, Bronica SQ-B and RF645, Rolleiflex T2, Nikon F4s, Agfa Clack and my pinhole cameras

Shooter
    Multi Format
    No, this is the earlier one from the '60s-'70s. It would not fit on the FM3a. A very nice lens, however!

Shooter
    35mm
    Forgot the photos!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo-46.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	540.6 KB 
ID:	67194

Name:	photo-45.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	599.8 KB 
ID:	67195

Name:	photo-44.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	467.4 KB 
ID:	67196

Name:	photo-43.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	709.5 KB 
ID:	67197

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Great lens! Do you have the lens shade?

Shooter
    35mm
    Nope...what you see is what you get.

The HN4 is a very rare shade that was an optional accessory from Nikon.

The HN35 can be used as an alternative and is a bit easier to find. If you can find a wideangle rubber 52mm screw in shade, that might work.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Interesting note about this lens - the GN is for Guide Number. I forget how it worked, but IIRC, the focus distance related to the guide number of the flash unit, and gave you the exposure, or set the aperture for you, I forget. I was working in a camera store in D.C. when it came out. It was not a widely popular lens, and self regulating strobes kind of made it unnecessary, but folks who had them really loved them.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by George Collier View Post
    Interesting note about this lens - the GN is for Guide Number. I forget how it worked, but IIRC, the focus distance related to the guide number of the flash unit, and gave you the exposure, or set the aperture for you, I forget. I was working in a camera store in D.C. when it came out. It was not a widely popular lens, and self regulating strobes kind of made it unnecessary, but folks who had them really loved them.
    The aperture and focus are coupled. You set the guide number of your flash, and focussing the lens automatically selects the correct aperture for that distance. It's a tiny sharp lens, very near the format diagonal of 43mm. It focusses in the opposite direction compared to other Nikkors.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    It's a very sharp lens, and is highly thought of for macro work by using a BR-52 ring to reverse mount the lens on the camera. On my GN Nikkor, the coupling between distance scale and aperture can be uncoupled, so the lens then operates as a normal lens would. George is right that auto flashes reduced interest in these lenses, but auto flash relies (for the most part) on measuring reflected light from the subject. With a GN lens, aperture is based solely on distance, which can be a boon if you're shooting outdoors or in weird reflective situations. Grab a wet-cell Hobby flash, toss on your GN lens, and you're ready for anything.

Shooter
    35mm
    bump..thanks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin